+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Dons v Rovaniemi

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Fair point about being released further when Deano came on.
    Maybe resolved if we get that defensive midfield cover in.
    Bryson considers him similar to Ferguson as a box to box midfielder, so need someone to hold up the play when we are countered.
    That'll be why DM wants Funso Ojo, or whatever his name is - he's an out and out defensive midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    I think we needed someone to drop deeper when they had the ball as fergie and the defense have been used to 2 players sitting and i think that's why the found space.
    Ferguson is definitely better further forward, he played well last night but he's not a holding midfielder and it should when he was allowed to get forward more when Campbell came on and played that role
    Yip.
    Fergie is "an 8" in old fashioned football talk - same as Bryson.
    We need a "4" maybe, as I said above, that'll be why DM is after the lad from Sc*nthorpe

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Pre-season isn't an ideal time to fully judge the team or individuals, it's just an indicator if nothing else.
    It's when the real stuff starts that counts.
    I like to think (not being cocky) that I've got a fairly decent eye for a player (maybe I could take over from Russ ) but after 5-10 minutes you could tell that there's something good about Jon Gallagher.
    I'll be first to admit my cynicism when I heard we'd signed a "utility" player from the MLS.
    But I'd be open to offering Atlanta a reasonable sum to make it permanent as I think he'd be a good asset.
    Quick, direct, works hard...maybe just needs to work on the final ball a bit, but worth his place in the starting X1 out wide I'd say.
    I said after the game that Greig and Gallagher are definatley players. I hope to be proved correct

Good luck to them both

That'll be why DM wants Funso Ojo, or whatever his name is - he's an out and out defensive midfielder
    Yip.
    Fergie is "an 8" in old fashioned football talk - same as Bryson.
    We need a "4" maybe, as I said above, that'll be why DM is after the lad from Sc*nthorpe
    Very probably, but we should consider playing Deano in there until we do.
    It will create a problem with team selection though.

If we have a midfield three of DM (deno / Ojo / McGeouch) with Ferguson & Bryson, where will Gallagher and Hedges slot in
    Do they compete for the wide spots with McGinn, McLennan, Wilson, Ross, Wright etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I said after the game that Greig and Gallagher are definatley players. I hope to be proved correct

Good luck to them both
    Haven't seen Leigh yet, but I'd be pretty confident he'll be more effective than Considine at LB.

I think Bryson will be come in and play a deeper role

Haven't seen Leigh yet, but I'd be pretty confident he'll be more effective than Considine at LB.
    Likes to motor forward. that's clear

Just booked Roda JC v Helmond in October(not because he signed from them, double header with Maastricht v Cambuur which are close). I'm going to ask the locals what they thought of him
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 12-07-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    I think Bryson will be come in and play a deeper role
    Nah
    Funso Ojo will play deeper....if he signs

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Likes to motor forward. that's clear

Just booked Roda JC v Helmond in October(not because he signed from them, double header with Maastricht v Cambuur which are close). I'm going to ask the locals what they thought of him
    They won't know because he was at Breda...

Disappointing losing the goal. That aside, a joy to watch at times. I was not expecting that at all.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435