+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palmer goes

good luck to him, 17 players out and 6 in, still feel 4 more, to give the squad some depth

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    I don't know what's happening, and I'm in quite a bit of shock, but every transfer decision thus far seems absolutely bang on. Palmer was never going to get a game in front of wiles, crookes, macdonald and barlaser so to free up his wages (even a proportion) and not have him sulking in the background is fantastic.

Please, please warney a decent keeper next and we're almost good to go. I don't trust this weird confident feeling. It usually ends in disaster!
    I hear we are after a keeper from Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I hear we are after a keeper from Barnsley
    My ex wife was from barnsley. She definitely wasnt a keeper! 😕

My current missus is also a barnsley lass. Shes a keeper.

I like their women. Very muchly. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    good luck to him, 17 players out and 6 in, still feel 4 more, to give the squad some depth
    Unfortunately PW is talking two more to come in and we're good to go.
    That will mean 19 senior players and 5 youngsters, a little thin on squad numbers perhaps, if you class Lamy as one of the youngsters because he may find first team duties far and few between, after all PW has said Lamy is as of yet not ready for the starting eleven.
    Goalkeeper definitely and possibly a left-Back to challenge Joe Mattock, although Olosunde and Jones can play left back.
    Maybe one youngster out mid to late August and another one in.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 05-07-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Absolutely gkotw...my thoughts were along those lines. If Cloughie didn"t want a midfielder then we shouldn't want him either. I trusted Cloughie's judgement but PW (or someone) fancied him.

Palmer got caught on the ball just TOO MANY times versus that home & away Scunny saga - he nearly cost us on his own - and own goals of course....but right decision. League one more physical league two brutal. I fear for his safety.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Absolutely gkotw...my thoughts were along those lines. If Cloughie didn"t want a midfielder then we shouldn't want him either. I trusted Cloughie's judgement but PW (or someone) fancied him.

Palmer got caught on the ball just TOO MANY times versus that home & away Scunny saga - he nearly cost us on his own - and own goals of course....but right decision. League one more physical league two brutal. I fear for his safety.
    Lol, agreed Easy.

If I'm being honest Palmer has been a major disappointment. He was highly thought of at burton (fell out with cloughie by all accounts), but for us he's just been, well, pap. Yes, that's
    the word, PAP!

Yes PAP....
    Pretty
    Awful
    Player.....

Palmer had a great debut for us, sharp accurate passing of a standard that seemed above what we were used to. Sadly it was all downhill from there.
    I think he'll do well in L2 though, and go on to have a decent career in the lower leagues.
    I doubt we'll see him playing for us again unless we're absolutely desperate in January.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post

Er..could you please get me a job playing for bradford city on as little as a couple a grand a week and fear for my safety..ta..

Bradford...the new Bury when we empty the bins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12