+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaby signs

Diaby signs

21-year-old central defender becomes signing number eight of the summer.

We are delighted to announce that Bambo Diaby has joined Barnsley Football Club from KSC Lokeren on a four-year contract, with a further year option in the club’s favour.

Bambo was born in Senegal but was schooled in Spain from an early age. His ability and footballing attributes caught the attention of multiple academies within the Catalonia region.

After performing well within the academy set-ups at different clubs, Diaby was signed by Serie A side Sampdoria, before then being loaned out to gain first team experience. After spending two years on the books in Italy, Belgian top division side KSC Lokeren signed the 6ft 2’ centre-back.

Bambo now joins the Reds and becomes the eighth signing of a busy summer, adding more power and depth to Daniel Stendel’s squad.

Upon joining the club, Diaby told iFollow Barnsley: “I know it’s a new division for me and the team, but when I saw the team in the dressing room, the one thing that was very important is that the team was together. Everyone is young but smiling and enjoying themselves and that’s important for a good season. The first impression I got is that he’s [Daniel Stendel] an exciting coach and I like this because he will encourage you even if you make a mistake. When I was speaking to him, he said he needs my power and that makes me happy.”

Co-Chairman Paul Conway spoke to barnsleyfc.co.uk, declaring how pleased he was with another strong addition to the side.

He said: “We are very pleased to welcome Bambo, who has deep experience at centre-back at a high level, at a young age. As promised, we are aggressively reinvesting the proceeds from the sale of Ethan Pinnock and have acquired three centre-backs in three days, since his departure. We are really excited for Bambo to join Mads Andersen, Toby Sibbick and Aapo Halme to strengthen our central defensive areas.”

Just remind me where the "deep experience at a high level" was Hoss. Avved a look and am struggling to find it. Tha pillakin ageean.

With a little bit a Bambo No 5

A little bitta-- Jim Royle decorating

Aar much did he cost ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-07-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just remind me where the "deep experience at a high level" was Hoss. Avved a look and am struggling to find it. Tha pillakin ageean.

With a little bit a Bambo No 5

A little bitta-- Jim Royle decorating

Aar much did he cost ?
    am evvin that SB

They'll ev him decorating west stand bogs

Hey bambo bambo italiano

Has anyone found any clips of him playing ???

What with?

Well from that clip I have to say he looks like a midfielder in the mould of Patrick Vieira ni mind a defender! Jeezus h.... Iz got pace, power, strength, ability on the ball, strong tackle.

I know its just a montage of his best bits and its daft gerrin carried away until tha sees him int flesh and how he moulds into the team. The guy looks a bloody man mountain

I can't wait to see him in action and see how he fares in the championship. I've watched the clip a few times and hope he can play like that week in, week out for us. Great signing, going by the clip.

I've just been watching video clips of Kayode Odejayi in action. Looks a big powerful unit. If he can score goals like that against a top team like Chelsea he will be a fantastic signing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast