+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malik Wilks signs ..... !!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Me too, hold my hands up. First to admit when I'm wrong and the board have signed some promising players this summer and are actually strengthening the squad. It will take time to bed them in but that's to be expected.

Jules pointed art on another thread about the promotion teams limitations and I agree. The board have acknowledged those limitations, adressed it early and given us some good signings on big contracts. It's nice to see some significant money being reinvested and the bar being raised in our recruitment. Fair play to em.
    Still light up top P & M which is where the real dollars are spent .

To convince me they are serious about making us a sustainable Championship club they need to go to £2m to bring a suitable striker in .

If Moore stays and Chaplin is brought in I'll kind of live with it , if Moore goes then the record transfer fee needs to be broken by some distance .

Go to that level and it's fair play for me with regard to the owners .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Still light up top P & M which is where the real dollars are spent .

To convince me they are serious about making us a sustainable Championship club they need to go to £2m to bring a suitable striker in .

If Moore stays and Chaplin is brought in I'll kind of live with it , if Moore goes then the record transfer fee needs to be broken by some distance .

Go to that level and it's fair play for me with regard to the owners .

Woodrow, Moore and Wilkes should score enough with possibly the marquee signing Kone to come? Wilks has composure in front of goal. His goals are all hit hard and low. Woodrow has a touch of class, Moore has a point to prove at this level should he stay. If he departes I agree we need a big replacement in.

Very encouraging with the squad really taking shape and not with league 2 signings as before, agree with all other comments just need to sort out up front now. Moore stay or go needs to be decided quickly and a Kone or similar quality addition, we are good to go with the possible exception of a left back to come in.

If Moore goes the money might go to pay all the wages of this recruitment who knows

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    If Moore goes the money might go to pay all the wages of this recruitment who knows
    I think with the £6 million minimum in from the sales of Potts, Lindsay and Pinnock and the £6 million from promotion I don't think Dog will be putting his hands in his own pockets Dools. The Moore money and possibly more will be a bonus.

With Wilkes and Thomas I wonder where this is going to leave Jacob Brown. He’s certainly going to have to up his game to keep his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    With Wilkes and Thomas I wonder where this is going to leave Jacob Brown. He’s certainly going to have to up his game to keep his place.
    That's what we want though , competition for places , injuries covered and the chance to rotate the squad with the extra demands of the championship .

It will make Jacob a better player, and he's got bags of ability as the kid, this is a great headache to have. Wilks and Thomas are excellent signings on paper, thought Wilks was a right handfull against us for donny I'm really pleased with that signing, but Jacob is well drilled in the system of how Stendel plays, he'll get games no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    It will make Jacob a better player, and he's got bags of ability as the kid, this is a great headache to have. Wilks and Thomas are excellent signings on paper, thought Wilks was a right handfull against us for donny I'm really pleased with that signing, but Jacob is well drilled in the system of how Stendel plays, he'll get games no doubt.

Agree with that bankend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12