+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: There is one thing......

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Plenty of good points there Pass but my main concern is the lack of experience of the lads coming in. It's OK buying in bulk and giving them long term contracts but I'm not as excited as some at the quality coming in. It's natural to think those coming in must be better than those leaving but, stripping away the PR hype, we have brought in the following "experience" to play in the Championship--

Mallik Wilks 20 Accrington, Grimsby and Doncaster

Bambo Diaby 21 Serie C sides on loan/free transfers, 1 game for Lokeren in Belgian 2nd tier

Aapo Halme 21 Helsinki and 4 games for Leeds

Toby Sibbick 20 26 games for Wimbledon

Mads Andersen 21 20 games for Horsen in Danish Superliga

Brad Collins 22 Loans at Forest Green and Burton, then released

Sam Radlinger 26 loans from second tier Hannover, then released

Luke Thomas 20 loans at Gloucester and Coventry

Bahre signed following loan here

Green and Miller signed in January

I'm sorry but the general excitement and talk of brilliant signings has yet to register with me but two or three may come off at Championship level.

This Kone is the only one I would be genuinely excited to see come here burrits all abart opinions.
    On the other hand you’ve lost «*the best defence in division one*» last season, including Davies, half your first team, several to probable relegation rivals, but signed a load of dross, lots of them

What’s not to like ?

One of them was tipped to rival Harry McGuire for England. That’s why he’s gone to Brentford 😂

Glad to see at least one Barnsley fan has a realistic grip on reality

Yooouuuuu Rrreeeeddsss

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    On the other hand you’ve lost «*the best defence in division one*» last season, including Davies, half your first team, several to probable relegation rivals, but signed a load of dross, lots of them

What’s not to like ?

One of them was tipped to rival Harry McGuire for England. That’s why he’s gone to Brentford 😂

Glad to see at least one Barnsley fan has a realistic grip on reality

Yooouuuuu Rrreeeeddsss
    In other news we could be buying 36 year old has beens that never were to begin with .

Go Jags

Up Dem Blades

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Plenty of good points there Pass but my main concern is the lack of experience of the lads coming in. It's OK buying in bulk and giving them long term contracts but I'm not as excited as some at the quality coming in. It's natural to think those coming in must be better than those leaving but, stripping away the PR hype, we have brought in the following "experience" to play in the Championship--

Mallik Wilks 20 Accrington, Grimsby and Doncaster

Bambo Diaby 21 Serie C sides on loan/free transfers, 1 game for Lokeren in Belgian 2nd tier

Aapo Halme 21 Helsinki and 4 games for Leeds

Toby Sibbick 20 26 games for Wimbledon

Mads Andersen 21 20 games for Horsen in Danish Superliga

Brad Collins 22 Loans at Forest Green and Burton, then released

Sam Radlinger 26 loans from second tier Hannover, then released

Luke Thomas 20 loans at Gloucester and Coventry

Bahre signed following loan here

Green and Miller signed in January

I'm sorry but the general excitement and talk of brilliant signings has yet to register with me but two or three may come off at Championship level.

This Kone is the only one I would be genuinely excited to see come here burrits all abart opinions.

I think that is a sensible approach SB. We enta clue till we see ar the gu on ev wi. Kone is in same boat as regards championship experience but he's got some games and goals to his name in a good standard of football on the continent, hence the fee.

We've lost 3 players since promotion, 2 defenders and a goalie, hardly half our team. We had two go to Stoke and one to Brentford, hardly several to relegation rivals. We've signed a fair few players but I'd hardly call them dross.
    Your team had a good season, Wardy, got promoted to the promised land, so why are you here having digs at little old Barnsley? Surely you have other, bigger, fish to fry? Why not have a go on some Tottenham fans sites or even Everton? Oh that's right, cos the Blunts are the Sh*t end of the Prem and will be back down in May and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Fair point SB, there has been a big turnover very much like in 2017. It could go tyts up, theres no denying that however, may I say that from January 2017 to June 2017 we lost far too many 1st team regulars including several loanees who also made a decent contribution to the 1st team.

Hourihane, Winnall, Bree, Roberts, Scowen, Watkins, White were all 1st team regulars that left. Ryan Kent, adam Armstrong, matty James, Gethin Jones were all on loan and made a big contribution also left. That is a big hole to fill by anybody's standards.

Goat went art and signed a surplus of midfielders fo peanuts and Thiam for 1million. We left us sens woefully short up front and again we brought in far too many loan players to try and paper over the cracks in a panic.

In 2019 we have lost 4 first team regulars in Potts, Lindsay, Pinnock and Davies. We have brought in 2 goalkeepers, 3 center aifs, a reight back, 2 wingers (one with an eye for goal) and signed Bahre on a permanent basis. All these on either three or four year contracts. Not a loan player in sight.

We've done our business early and done it reight. We ent signed players for the sake of it like Goat did. We've covered all the squad positions with more than one option with the exception of the strikers. However, Malik Wilkes looks capable of goals and laikin in theear.

Am a sceptic as tha knows SB but last neet a weighed it up and yes, thuz no championship experience coming in but these players are a step up on what we usually sign. They come from decent set ups in most cases. The money is being reinvested and we're guin abart our business swiftly. It suggests to me that these signings have been lined up for a while. That is a far cry from the summer of 2017 in my humble opinion.

There are concerns in that we are buying in a lot from abroad which may see them take extra time to settle in and obviously the experience issue but that's how we roll now. Lets just gerron wi it. Some may well flop but twas ever thus. We have a very robust looking young side with a very good head coach. On the whole I'm pleased with our business and have a gut feeling we'll be oreight this season.
    Best post for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In other news we could be buying 36 year old has beens that never were to begin with .

Go Jags

Up Dem Blades

You Barnsley fans have your own unique reality. Jagielka 40 England caps most capped England player from Everton. Recruited as cover for O'Connell, Egan and Stearman.

Not sold any of our first team squad ( yet), but recruited Jagielka on a free,and Luke Freeman 5 million. Sure there's more to come. Meanwhile at Barnsley...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Go Jags

Up Dem Blades

Thought you said he was 54 ? Good old animallittle the very personification of hyperbole, " regular 25,000+ gates...." Jagielka 54"
    " proud of Barnsley's achievements"

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    We've lost 3 players since promotion, 2 defenders and a goalie, hardly half our team. We had two go to Stoke and one to Brentford, hardly several to relegation rivals. We've signed a fair few players but I'd hardly call them dross.
    Your team had a good season, Wardy, got promoted to the promised land, so why are you here having digs at little old Barnsley? Surely you have other, bigger, fish to fry? Why not have a go on some Tottenham fans sites or even Everton? Oh that's right, cos the Blunts are the Sh*t end of the Prem and will be back down in May and you know it.
    Probably down, correct, but given your recruitment, as your fellow fan outlined, numbers but no quality, you could also be relegated. The bookies have us both down as favourites for relegation, which is about right.

2019, Barnsley sold Potts, Bradshaw, Moncur, Pillock, Davies, Lyndsay, Roberts, you're all sh*****g yourselves that Moore doesn't go

Beg to differ, probably, Luton, Millwall, Preston, could all be your Promotion rivals. Brentford we're lower half as were Stoke last season.

I come on here because it amuses me. I appreciate we're Premier League, I don't mind slumming it

Right load of dross you've signed. Be real

Just had a £10 bet, Blades to win Premier,Barnsley to go up through Play Offs

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Just had a £10 bet, Blades to win Premier,Barnsley to go up through Play Offs
    Hope you went E/W coz there's no chance of blunts winning the Prem. Barnsley however..... We draw strength from the fact that 2 average, unfancied teams managed to fluke promotion, why cant we?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast