+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There is one thing......

There is one thing......

No b*gger will be able to predict how we are going to play, and how well we are going to do. With so many changes it will be a more possible plus to us than a minus.
    With the previous Personnel we knew we had limitations, even in League one....... With this lot, and so many additions, we just don’t know.
    Excited again?
    Yeah....

Definitely an upgrade in the recruitment Jules , two seasons ago it was Ryan Hedges and Lloyd Isgrove and now it's Luke Thomas and Malik Wilks for over £2m .

Small steps maybe but as bad as the last crop were they only just went down in the final 3 minutes of the season and that was with a total buffoon as HC .

I think we will be ok , not saying we are going to smash the league but we will have enough this coming season .

The plan said buy one good one cheap, sell it dear,
    buy two from the profit, sell them two for a same profit
    But each time, buy a better one..... until you can buy a Rolls/Merc/..
    we’ve signed options. And that I guess is what we missed in the last relegation season. We played the same people, the same way, amd went down.
    If we do go down again next May, at least we have t just stuck with the same old. We’ve had a decent try at buying.
    Just need Thiam to rip Championship up between May and January and be worth £5m amd we can spend again in that Window too.

Zzzzzz. “ must be bedtime “...... dreaming already

Not wishing to pour cold water on these recent signings but having 4 year deals may sound good but correct me if I'm wrong but no mention of any release clauses Wouldn't expect club to say what amount [if release clauses are built in] but if clauses are included does that make the length of contracts immaterial or am I off beam here as I am not an authority on contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Definitely an upgrade in the recruitment Jules , two seasons ago it was Ryan Hedges and Lloyd Isgrove and now it's Luke Thomas and Malik Wilks for over £2m .

Small steps maybe but as bad as the last crop were they only just went down in the final 3 minutes of the season and that was with a total buffoon as HC .

I think we will be ok , not saying we are going to smash the league but we will have enough this coming season .
    Heckingbottom was a reight teet totally agrre mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Not wishing to pour cold water on these recent signings but having 4 year deals may sound good but correct me if I'm wrong but no mention of any release clauses Wouldn't expect club to say what amount [if release clauses are built in] but if clauses are included does that make the length of contracts immaterial or am I off beam here as I am not an authority on contracts?
    I think many of us know that if an offer comes in for a player under a four year contract and it meets our valuation plus he's gone Exile and neither will we get to know the full terms of a 4 year deal .

What I will say is that the present owners are tackling this rather more robustly than the previous owner who sat on his hands in the pre season of 2016 and had to let Hourihane and co leave when well placed in the championship in the very next window , it seemed to go pretty much downhill from that point .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    No Exile, they should never release the release Clause, it’d be suicide if you really stumbled on a gem. All contract even four year ones aren’t worth a lot, as the player will Sulk, moan, disrupt and p*ss about if he wants away to get what he wants, and we as Barnsley can’t afford to punish them “a la Gareth Bale”. It just means that when they want away, they will go, and clubs (mostly) give in before the player does.......
    As a point of interest, can anyone think of any player that has been left “Languishing in the reserves” anywhere? After saying they wanted away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    No Exile, they should never release the release Clause, it’d be suicide if you really stumbled on a gem. All contract even four year ones aren’t worth a lot, as the player will Sulk, moan, disrupt and p*ss about if he wants away to get what he wants, and we as Barnsley can’t afford to punish them “a la Gareth Bale”. It just means that when they want away, they will go, and clubs (mostly) give in before the player does.......
    As a point of interest, can anyone think of any player that has been left “Languishing in the reserves” anywhere? After saying they wanted away.
    No but I've seen this go the other way too Jules , players who end up a bag of shyte sitting on good money and seeing the contract out to the bitter end .

Mike Sheron was the stand out culprit .

We are inching towards the decent money scenario for unproven talent at this level , it could work the other way too .

There's a shake of the dice here , not massively but a notch or two .

I’d sooner have a shake though mate..... than sit on “Start”, while they all pass GO.

I can’t think of the name anyone at any club who was frozen out.... I’ve read about it, but can’t think who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’d sooner have a shake though mate..... than sit on “Start”, while they all pass GO.

I can’t think of the name anyone at any club who was frozen out.... I’ve read about it, but can’t think who it was.
    The club couldn't get Barnard and Sheron out of the club quick enough when we dropped down to League One under Parkin .

Both were on huge money from our better days , neither would move an inch mate .

Bruce Dyer was in the same boat but at least he produced .

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast