+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The greatest keeper that ever lived

The greatest keeper that ever lived

Has left us today? Looking at the comments around today. Wow.
    I never knew he was this good?
    Turns out he was amazing.
    Hear was me listening to fans say all season long....he can't kick. He can't handle crosses. He needs dropping. Why haven't we got a decent no 2? He concedes too many goals. He is too weak. He hasn't been the same since his injury.

Now he leaves, and become a one of the greatest that ever played. Crazy.

Lev Yashin
    Sir Roger Jones

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Has left us today? Looking at the comments around today. Wow.
    I never knew he was this good?
    Turns out he was amazing.
    Hear was me listening to fans say all season long....he can't kick. He can't handle crosses. He needs dropping. Why haven't we got a decent no 2? He concedes too many goals. He is too weak. He hasn't been the same since his injury.

Now he leaves, and become a one of the greatest that ever played. Crazy.
    I don't think that's right, Champs. I thought reactions on the Telegraph were about 50/50.
    A couple of posters were right over-the-top about his ability, but most recognised his flaws. As I said, my take is that he is very young to be dismissed as not good enough, full-stop.
    I'm prepared to accept Mowbray's judgement, because he sees training every day. I just hope it doesn't backfire, because there are always so many people waiting to jump on him.

That's football though. Without being too cliche about it, you live and die by your decisions. We cashed in and got the best price at the right time. I wish him luck, and trust (and hope) we get in a better number one. If this £3m is used wisely and helps the squad overall, and we do get a better keeper, then either way, it's still good business.

I think I'm just not as convinced as you, Champs, that there are that many players out there who are: a) available at a sensible price; b) significantly better than what we have; c) keen to play for Rovers ahead of all the other clubs.
    There are lots of posters on the Telegraph site who make it sound dead easy.
    It isn't.

You try keep your best players. And if you are a club like us, you sell the odd one, who you think you can replace. If you think it's good business for the club.
    I hear Raya wanted to go. So we didn't stand in his way.
    If it was Dack, I'm pretty sure we would do more to try make him stay. He's crucial.
    We didn't stand in the way of this. He didn't play at the end of the season for a reason.

We'll get a better keeper soon enough.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)