+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brexit? What would you vote for now in a 2nd Referendum?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Now three years has passed, would you stick with your original vote?

I voted to LEAVE after much deliberation, now I would vote to LEAVE with no consideration at all.

The EU is a shambles and frankly I want no part of it.
    I’d vote leave BT that lot a Brussels are milking it for all it’s worth —- I still believe when we do actually get out
    It will fall like a pack of cards.

We really should t be talking about another vote though, I’m not sure I’ll ever vote again if it doesn’t get carried
    Through.

"but do know that I certainly wouldn't allow it to delegate that entrusted authority to an unaccountable cabal of imposters."

The prose is wonderful, but a bit flowery for me Norder!
    ....I see what you mean - BT......but as you know, thats what happens when words go deep - look to be dived into.....effort amplifies the meaning perhaps - strengthens the sense of loss etc... .

or

from what I think right, I couldn't ever see it a good thing... that they give over management of our business - that that we allow them to have, to some mysterious organisation of shysters.

from what I think right, I couldn't ever see it a good thing... that they give over management of our business - that that we allow them to have, to some mysterious organisation of shysters.

That's more like it Norder!

Thought I'd share...

Dear Bedlington Terrier,

I am proud to lead the Labour Party – the greatest political party and social movement in this country.

We all recognise that the issue of Brexit has been divisive in our communities and sometimes in our party too.

As democrats, Labour accepted the result of the 2016 referendum. In our 2017 manifesto, Labour also committed to oppose a No Deal Brexit and the Tories' Brexit plans – which threatened jobs, living standards, and the open multicultural society that we as internationalists value so much.

I want to pay tribute to Keir Starmer and the shadow Brexit team for holding the Government to account during this process. That helped secure a meaningful vote on their deal – which we then defeated three times – including inflicting the largest ever defeat on any Government. And following their refusal to publish their legal advice, this Government became the first to be held in contempt of Parliament.

Labour set out a compromise plan to try to bring the country together based around a customs union, a strong single market relationship and protection of environmental regulations and rights at work. We continue to believe this is a sensible alternative that could bring the country together.

But the Prime Minister refused to compromise and was unable to deliver, so we ended cross-party talks.

Now both Tory leadership candidates are threatening a No Deal Brexit – or at best a race to the bottom and a sweetheart deal with Donald Trump: that runs down industry, opens up our NHS and other public services to yet more privatisation, and shreds environmental protections, rights at work and consumer standards.

I have spent the past few weeks consulting with the shadow cabinet, MPs, affiliated unions and the NEC. I have also had feedback from members via the National Policy Forum consultation on Brexit.

Whoever becomes the new Prime Minister should have the confidence to put their deal, or No Deal, back to the people in a public vote.

In those circumstances, I want to make it clear that Labour would campaign for Remain against either No Deal or a Tory deal that does not protect the economy and jobs.

Labour has a crucial, historic duty to safeguard jobs, rights and living standards. But no Brexit outcome alone can do that.

We need a general election. After nine years of austerity, too many people in this country cannot find decent secure well-paid work, and have to rely on public services that have been severely cut back.

Our country is ravaged by inequality and rising poverty, huge regional imbalances of investment, and the government is failing to tackle the climate emergency facing us all.

That is why we need a Labour government to end austerity and rebuild our country for the many not the few.

Jeremy Corbyn
    Leader of the Labour Party

Happy with that BT?

It is still as clear as mud what the strategy is.

Well BT. I know that JC was in Blyth not too long ago and it is obvious where he went!

https://www.wafflingon.uk/hire-the-waffle-stall

Thought I'd share...

Dear Bedlington Terrier,

I am proud to lead the Labour Party – the greatest political party and social movement in this country.

We all recognise that the issue of Brexit has been divisive in our communities and sometimes in our party too.

As democrats, Labour accepted the result of the 2016 referendum. In our 2017 manifesto, Labour also committed to oppose a No Deal Brexit and the Tories' Brexit plans – which threatened jobs, living standards, and the open multicultural society that we as internationalists value so much.

I want to pay tribute to Keir Starmer and the shadow Brexit team for holding the Government to account during this process. That helped secure a meaningful vote on their deal – which we then defeated three times – including inflicting the largest ever defeat on any Government. And following their refusal to publish their legal advice, this Government became the first to be held in contempt of Parliament.

Labour set out a compromise plan to try to bring the country together based around a customs union, a strong single market relationship and protection of environmental regulations and rights at work. We continue to believe this is a sensible alternative that could bring the country together.

But the Prime Minister refused to compromise and was unable to deliver, so we ended cross-party talks.

Now both Tory leadership candidates are threatening a No Deal Brexit – or at best a race to the bottom and a sweetheart deal with Donald Trump: that runs down industry, opens up our NHS and other public services to yet more privatisation, and shreds environmental protections, rights at work and consumer standards.

I have spent the past few weeks consulting with the shadow cabinet, MPs, affiliated unions and the NEC. I have also had feedback from members via the National Policy Forum consultation on Brexit.

Whoever becomes the new Prime Minister should have the confidence to put their deal, or No Deal, back to the people in a public vote.

In those circumstances, I want to make it clear that Labour would campaign for Remain against either No Deal or a Tory deal that does not protect the economy and jobs.

Labour has a crucial, historic duty to safeguard jobs, rights and living standards. But no Brexit outcome alone can do that.

We need a general election. After nine years of austerity, too many people in this country cannot find decent secure well-paid work, and have to rely on public services that have been severely cut back.

Our country is ravaged by inequality and rising poverty, huge regional imbalances of investment, and the government is failing to tackle the climate emergency facing us all.

That is why we need a Labour government to end austerity and rebuild our country for the many not the few.

Jeremy Corbyn
    Leader of the Labour Party
    Couldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him ( he didn’t really write that did he ? )

He must have had help😀

Whst a load of tripe BT, as you well know. It's simple really, our parliament voted to leave the EU under Article 50 of the Treaty of Rome, which says we leave with an agreement or failing to agree, we leave without one. So the clowns have already voted to leave without a deal by accepting A50, they just seem too thick to realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Whst a load of tripe BT, as you well know. It's simple really, our parliament voted to leave the EU under Article 50 of the Treaty of Rome, which says we leave with an agreement or failing to agree, we leave without one. So the clowns have already voted to leave without a deal by accepting A50, they just seem too thick to realise it.
    I'm too proud a Labour supporter to admit it sinkov, but I have already written back to our beloved leader and told him this is fatuous hogwash. I will post his reply if I get one.

I was at our local Lib Dem group meeting tonight. In the last 6 weeks our membership has grown from 201 members to 260. Most of these are ex Labour members
    Tonight we met four new members who have come across from Labour.

As usual there were NO arguments and everyone was afforded complete respect. Everyone spoke their mind and their views were listened to.

These new members were astounded at how welcoming their new party was and that there was absolutely no infighting. Being Labour members since Corbyn took over they were used to shouting, swearing, bullying and name calling.

They admitted to being nervous before the meeting but they are all now delighted at the decision they have made.

BT, please don't hold your breath in waiting for Corbyn to start being reasonable and coherent or in succeeding in bringing the Labour party together.

Think on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)