+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brexit? What would you vote for now in a 2nd Referendum?

Not over excited at all Sinkov - just relaying some facts on what is happening in our party.

If you could see my vegetable patch you would realise that I am not one to get over excited. To be a successful grower of spuds, tomatoes (some have now attained their third truss) spinach, peas or any other edible growth, it is essential that you control your emotions and not to get excited and get the Miracle Grow out at the first green shoot. You must monitor their progression in a calm, measured way and be ready to spring into action at the precise time. If you act prematurely then you will have to continue to visit the greengrocers section of Morrisons. I wouldn't say that I have green fingers but they are a striking shade of yellow.

Similarly, if Burnley get an early goal in the FA Cup third round at home to Burton Albion I do not book rail tickets and accommodation for the cup final weekend. I am too much of a wily old fox for that.

So when our local membership has risen from 201 to 260 in the last few weeks I am delighted but not triumphal. Most of these members have switched from Labour but I guess there are ex Tories as well. We are out tomorrow knocking on the doors of our new members so I'll give you a vox pop later.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to prepare for Government.

Yippee!!! Wwwwhhhhheeeeeyyyy!!!!

When your bubble bursts don't come BACK crying on here, because the sympathy you get will be ZILCH.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to prepare for Government.

Yippee!!! Wwwwhhhhheeeeeyyyy!!!!
    Like I said.....over-excited,

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When your bubble bursts don't come BACK crying on here, because the sympathy you get will be ZILCH.
    I thought you were my mate BT....and we have got your back when the Labour party makes you politically homeless

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Like I said.....over-excited,
    Sorry everyone.

i lost it for a moment there.

No need to apolgise 59, you've nicked Chukka from Labour, gained a few of their disgruntled supporters and you're polling regularly in double figures now. No wonder you're excited.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No need to apolgise 59, you've nicked Chukka from Labour, gained a few of their disgruntled supporters and you're polling regularly in double figures now. No wonder you're excited.
    This is nothing.

You should see me at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I thought you were my mate BT....and we have got your back when the Labour party makes you politically homeless
    I would rather chew my own thumb off without anaesthetic than join the Lib Dems.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)