+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit? What would you vote for now in a 2nd Referendum?

Brexit? What would you vote for now in a 2nd Referendum?

Now three years has passed, would you stick with your original vote?

I voted to LEAVE after much deliberation, now I would vote to LEAVE with no consideration at all.

The EU is a shambles and frankly I want no part of it.

I'm sticking with Remain.

Being on our own with Boris or Jeremy in charge would be dreadful.

Silly question as there won't be a second referendum ..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I voted to LEAVE after much deliberation, now I would vote to LEAVE with no consideration at all.

I laughed when I read your last sentence ---why?

In all honesty, the United Kingdom is also a shambles and has been getting worse for the past 25 years and, with no sign of any political leadership from any party, it is only going to get worse and both you and I will be a part of it, like it or not!

100% leave again. I have seen absolutely nothing from either the EU or Remain supporters in the UK in the last three years to make me think we would better off staying in, absolutely the opposite in fact. Like BT it was a close run thing for me, not any more, I just want out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I laughed when I read your last sentence ---why?

In all honesty, the United Kingdom is also a shambles and has been getting worse for the past 25 years and, with no sign of any political leadership from any party, it is only going to get worse and both you and I will be a part of it, like it or not!
    The thing is Sub, if we don't like our politicians, our government, there'll be a general election soon and we can vote them out of office, we can get rid of them, if we don't like the next lot we can then vote them out as well. The EU have just appointed a raft of new leaders, including a President, these are the people who will decide the laws we live under, whether there will be a European Army or not, what their/our foreign policy will be, what they do about climate change etc, whatever they decide will be put to the MEPs for rubber stamping. If we don't like what they're doing, how do we get rid off them ?

The answer is Sub, we can't, if we don't like what they decide on our behalf, well tough, we'll just have to suck it up because we can't get rid of them, they'll do what they please and we'll just have to go along with it and foot the bill. Well feck that for a game of soldiers, I want out.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The thing is Sub, if we don't like our politicians, our government, there'll be a general election soon and we can vote them out of office, we can get rid of them, if we don't like the next lot we can then vote them out as well. The EU have just appointed a raft of new leaders, including a President, these are the people who will decide the laws we live under, whether there will be a European Army or not, what their/our foreign policy will be, what they do about climate change etc, whatever they decide will be put to the MEPs for rubber stamping. If we don't like what they're doing, how do we get rid off them ?

The answer is Sub, we can't, if we don't like what they decide on our behalf, well tough, we'll just have to suck it up because we can't get rid of them, they'll do what they please and we'll just have to go along with it and foot the bill. Well feck that for a game of soldiers, I want out.
    I know that we can keep having elections, sinkov, however, it doesn't matter who is running the country the results are the same these days because nobody steps up to accept responsibility and I am sure that, if anyboy did do so, they would be pulled down by those in their own parties who just want their own bit of glory. The whole set up stinks whether it is EU or UK government --or lack of it!

I would just rather choose the tw@ts that presume to tell me what to do Sub, not have them imposed on me. For me now it really is as simple as that, the rest of it I couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Same for me BT. I thought long and hard about whether I should vote Leave or Remain in 2016. But no doubts now and I would vote Leave and Leave with no deal. The EU are rotten to the core.

Nothing I have seen or heard since the 1st referendum has changed my mind to leave, if anything I am more determined we should leave. I can't see any other way for our country to prosper and not have its pockets picked, IMO Leave no deal 31st October if the EU don't want to come to a fair agreement on Trade, Ireland, movement of people etc then its WTO and I'm pretty sure the EU don't want to lose our business, they will want a trade deal asap just as we would its not only in our best interests it is also in theirs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)