+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our current CB"S

Our current CB"S

Great the both Cooper & White, like to play out from the back, pass it around & with Cooper, attempt 40 yard Crossfield balls, but both lack any serious aerial ability. Berradi, never lacks commitment, but never a CB.
    That leaves Shaughnessy, jury still out with him, and young Strujik.

If MB & co think the team can compete, season long against the likes of Boro, Millwall, Stoke etc - teams full of six foot, plus players, our big weakness last season was defending, and our threat at the other end with free kicks / corners, was fairly minimal, so losing the only player strong in the air, pretty damaging.
    Yes, MB likes the ball played on the deck, but with some many other factors in todays game, at present we don't have the necessary " big lads" to do the boring stuff.
    Hopefully I for one, is proved wrong, with replacement on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Great the both Cooper & White, like to play out from the back, pass it around & with Cooper, attempt 40 yard Crossfield balls, but both lack any serious aerial ability. Berradi, never lacks commitment, but never a CB.

If MB & co think the team can compete, season long against the likes of Boro, Millwall, Stoke etc - teams full of six foot, plus players, our big weakness last season was defending, and our threat at the other end with free kicks / corners, was fairly minimal, so losing the only player strong in the air, pretty damaging.
    Yes, MB likes the ball played on the deck, but with some many other factors in todays game, at present we don't have the necessary " big lads" to do the boring stuff.
    I'm hoping and believing that MB's comments a couple of weeks ago that he knows what went wrong include knowing the defence was often a liability and the keepers need to be back-ups at best.

No sign of a striker, so that would suggest he doesn't think not scoring was a problem - which is a bit worrying.

Anyway, defensively, i'm hoping we get a third CB so Cooper is the back-up to White and that one, and a keeper who is solid, reliable and good at distribution too.

As long as I have a hole in my arse Cooper will be a liability at the back. Never turns up for big games and if he does its to get sent off or cost us a goal.

White? Played a grand total of 15 games for a tinpot team in league one. Hardly fills me with confidence he is going to be there when we need him in the big games with 37000 roaring at him.

Worried is an understatement and don't get me started on Berardi as a centre back, about as much use as a chocolate teapot if we want to get promoted, fine if we want to finish mid table though which is what we seem to be aiming for now.

With White I look at Harrison, who had barely kicked a ball in British league football and its taken him a year to start to get to grips with it. We don't have a year for White to get to grips with it, we need someone who has been there, done it and can do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post

Shaughnessy is crap, be surprised if he isn't moved on.

Which leaves us with diddly squat at centre half, like you say and I've said repeatedly beradi is a liability (think derby) and is no centre half, yes cooper has flaws and is prone to major errors (think derby), Jansen may have been a bad apple, but he was a good bad apple, if that makes sense.

All good news then!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Which leaves us with diddly squat at centre half, like you say and I've said repeatedly beradi is a liability (think derby) and is no centre half, yes cooper has flaws and is prone to major errors (think derby), Jansen may have been a bad apple, but he was a good bad apple, if that makes sense.
    Gone rotten I think. There's no way they're not replacing him!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Gone rotten I think. There's no way they're not replacing him!
    With White, yipedee doodah.

Not going up. Destroyed at corners. Knowing what we needed to go up...which was not a great deal and then carry on like this is scandalous and mind boggling. Unless you look at people owning and milking the club again...then its a good and clear plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)