Better than anything we've had for years. And spend the 2nd half not just not giving the ball away. But cutting out their defence with passes. Not Smallwood & Evans passes. 10 yards side ways.
40 yard defence splitting passes.
Charlie Adam was 3 stone overweight. Unfit, and not really ready. Yet he looked better than Travis, Davenport etc.
He is the closest thing to Tugay we've had.
He just stands in the centre circle picking passes. Ones that beat defenders.
No point us having Chapman next season. We will ruin him. Unless we can get him in games. With the right player supplying him, he will tear sides apart.
With our old midfield, no pint even playing him.
The worst player was Bennett. Just like last season. Woeful. Got into great positions, time after time. And every time he couldn't beat the fullback. Or knocked it straight out if play. Time for him to leave. He is crap.
Brereton was just embarrasing. But strangely looked unfit. He isn't a winger. So playing him there is pointless. Same with Armstrong. Neither are wide men.
Butterworth looks too far behind in his progression. Miles off what is required. Buckley is a lovely player. But way too slight. Can't see him making much of an impact due to his stature. Unless he grows.
Nuttall would struggle to get in Barrows side. I'm not sure he's even good enough for Div2. Time to get someone on, let him go.
Grayson was very good. I was impressed. Same with Rankin Costello. And I thought Hart looked ok.

Hard to tell as it was only Barrow. And we had a whole first team not playing. Including our entire back 4. And of course, have no keeper. Fisher played ok.

I hope we can get Adam fit. And give him a year. You need experience, but not too much. Bennett, Rodwell, Charlie can all leave. They are adding nothing.

Adam could be like Graham. A key part of our squad. If used correctly. No point us having all this flair in our squad. As Bennett and Smallwood can't supply a pass. Neither can Travis.