+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Danish Consortium?

On the Companies House website, it looks like the former directors have been very successful and appear to be involved in investments. I hope these guys are part of a bigger consortium ready to transform the fortunes of my beloved NCFC

Quote Originally Posted by NottsOnTheUp View Post
    On the Companies House website, it looks like the former directors have been very successful and appear to be involved in investments. I hope these guys are part of a bigger consortium ready to transform the fortunes of my beloved NCFC
    Hope so. Hopefully they will bacon to turn our fortunes around.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It would be nice to have the smell of bacon in the air instead of bull$##t!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.E.County Pie. View Post
    Only AH knows why he's chosen them. I just hope that for all our sakes we can look back on this in a few years and still have a club to support!!
    I don't think he's chosen them at all.

Looks to me like he tried to be a wise guy and play one off against the other and has come undone.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I hope that doesn't turn out to be one of your rasher statements.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Was it? I did not know that. I guess what will be will be now. I just hope that it ends up being the right party who purchase this club and take it forward and put and end to this sorry mess once and for all.

History will not only judge Alan Hardy by his time as custodian, but also who he ultimately sells the club to. Fingers crossed it will be someone or some people who do have the clubs fortunes at heart.
    Love the last paragraph MAD and whole heartedly agree.
    I was at Nuneaton yesterday and given our plight and a meaningless game, I estimate a couple of hundred Pies made the trip.
    Had some good chats about football ownership with some of the Nuneaton lads.
    They all wished us well.
    Over to you Hardy, don't be a laughing stock the rest of your privileged life.

Quote Originally Posted by NottsOnTheUp View Post
    I guarantee that if we are taken over and some people are ‘underwhelmed’, that the same people forget about the last few months.
    I couldn’t care less how rich they are. If they stop us going bust and somehow put us on an even keel, then that’s good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    I don't think he's chosen them at all.

Looks to me like he tried to be a wise guy and play one off against the other and has come undone.
    "Conjecture, your honour!"

Unless AH gets a bang on the head one day and suddenly can't stop saying the truth, we may never find out what really happened over these past five months - how close we came to selling to May; how serious the SAs were; if he really did suggest that his kid go in goal when Schofield was suspended.

What does seem clear is that the South Africans were not looking to buy NCFC because they were desperate to own a football club, but because NCFC was part of the package in a possible redevelopment scheme. Who knows how willing the council were to work with them or provide them with guarantees if they were to buy the club, and if that was the ultimate stumbling block.

God knows if this "Danish consortium" is the real deal or has two euros to rub together, but I assume their interest (if genuine) is football-based, which would be welcome. I'm already picturing a "Moneyball"-esque scenario involving Notts in which we storm the leagues based on the owners' unique approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I guarantee that if we are taken over and some people are ‘underwhelmed’, that the same people forget about the last few months.
    I couldn’t care less how rich they are. If they stop us going bust and somehow put us on an even keel, then that’s good enough for me.
    Me too. I'll willingly admit that all this trying to unravel the various permutations of what the takeover does or doesn't, or can or can't mean is way beyond me. When it gets to the finer points of accounts on company house websites it's like a foreign language to me.

I just want a team to support next season even if it is likely to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Well said. We need a period of modest stability now. No pipe dreams of championship football, blowing budgets on over rated players and changing managers because some spotty little keyboard warriors say we are under achieving because he got us into the prem on champ manager.
    It was an eye opener for me yesterday. It proved that football isnt all about fancy dan millionaires poncing about with thier flashy cars, fake wags and hangers on. Its simply about teams and thier loyal supporters,united in the struggle through think and thin.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast