+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nice little moment yesterday

Nice little moment yesterday

When young Josh Kayode (who I thought was good) fluffed his lines yesterday as he went clean through and one on one with the keeper, there was a lovely touch that I noticed:

Even though young kayode didn't score we did end up getting a goal from that break (can't recall who scored). All the players went over to the scorer to congratulate him as is, of course, customary. All, that is, bar semi ajayi. Semi went over to kayode, put an arm around him, and gave him a little pat on the back. You could see him gesture to keep his head up.

I thought it was a lovely touch and kayode seemed to appreciate the gesture with a thumbs up to ajayi.

Well done shemi shem shem. Top man.

Yes, we noticed that nice touch from Semi.
    JJ had a really good game yesterday. I hope he can break into the match-day squad, difficult yet not impossible.

Alternatively a loan deal with a decent team. With some luck this could be a good season for him, Hinds and Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes, we noticed that nice touch from Semi.
    JJ had a really good game yesterday. I hope he can break into the match-day squad, difficult yet not impossible.

Alternatively a loan deal with a decent team. With some luck this could be a good season for him, Hinds and Cooper.
    Let's hope that the young 'uns can break through. Slightly easier to achieve in League 1 than last season. Seen Kayode in quite a few reserves games. Can't fault him for effort, but he's been more of a support player to the main forward, than a goal poacher, from what I've seen so far.

Good to see younger players making it into and closer to the first team - long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    When young Josh Kayode (who I thought was good) fluffed his lines yesterday as he went clean through and one on one with the keeper, there was a lovely touch that I noticed:

Even though young kayode didn't score we did end up getting a goal from that break (can't recall who scored). All the players went over to the scorer to congratulate him as is, of course, customary. All, that is, bar semi ajayi. Semi went over to kayode, put an arm around him, and gave him a little pat on the back. You could see him gesture to keep his head up.

I thought it was a lovely touch and kayode seemed to appreciate the gesture with a thumbs up to ajayi.

Well done shemi shem shem. Top man.
    Shemi shem shem ?
    Grumpy, for hells sake, dont let warney hear that..weve got enough with the hugs and kisses..

Having a unified team is a big asset.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Shemi shem shem ?
    Grumpy, for hells sake, dont let warney hear that..weve got enough with the hugs and kisses..
    Lol, milla I've gone all "good human being".

Seriously though, shemi shem shem is ajayis twitter handle. Its what he calls himself 😕

If we are to be successful we need a steady stream of youngsters coming through.
    Ronnie did it, Sedgy, Monkhouse, Danny Hudson, Jamie Ingledow,Jamie Green, Will Hoskins,etc.
    As George Benson once said, "The children are the future".

Shemi shem shem ?
    Ha, didnt realise, i dont use twitter..apologies for my lacking brain.. 😁

Ha, didnt realise, i dont use twitter..apologies for my lacking brain.. ��
    Apology accepted!