+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bleak times of despair

Bleak times of despair

I find that at the moment I'm not really interested in what's happening at the club in terms of transfers and a new manager coming in. It's all pointless anyway. Whoever comes through the door will essentially be working at a club which biggest blessing would be to get relegated so it can be sold to a proper owner. Unless the current owner decides not to sell anyway in which case we're even more fucked.

Until the takeover happens (and it could be years and years) there is nothing to be fussed about. Fans not going to the games because of the lack of ambition on behalf of their club says it all - I definitely support that, but it makes me sad because it shows the state of affairs.

Genuinely not much to be excited about right now and that is a sad fact.

as things stand, i think we are nailed on for relegation.
    We have a squad of average players and Rafa sqeezed every bit of effort out of them to work as a group and compact unit.
    They played the way he wanted them to, it wasnt attractive but it ground out points. Towards the end of the season they had a bit more freedom and confidence.

The dissapointing thing is, we cant attract anyone with ambition.

If we get relegated, we wont be coming back up

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    as things stand, i think we are nailed on for relegation.
    We have a squad of average players and Rafa sqeezed every bit of effort out of them to work as a group and compact unit.
    They played the way he wanted them to, it wasnt attractive but it ground out points. Towards the end of the season they had a bit more freedom and confidence.

The dissapointing thing is, we cant attract anyone with ambition.

If we get relegated, we wont be coming back up
    Yup

Rafa's value will soon be crystal clear.

Could be he is selling and is just cleaning out the till by selling as many players as he can, negotiating free advertising then making sure that there is fk all left - including time to fix things so we are sure to be relegated when he leaves.

Would make sense, and I'd take it TBH.

He could be emptying the tills to fk is up as one last parting shot
    26 July is a key date for this season
    Let's see what happens

Why the 26th, Kev?

I know exactly how you feel.

I feel similarly utterly deflated with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Why the 26th, Kev?
    Have to file directors on July 26

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Have to file directors on July 26
    but surely if no takeover has been completed. the directors will just be the ashley mob anyway ??

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)