+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Line up v Hearts

I don’t appere did that much but banks looks a real player

Quote Originally Posted by arabianglory View Post
    I don’t appere did that much but banks looks a real player
    Banks looks a real prospect, and willing to take players on. Also thought Appere looked ok, and pressed their defence. When both of them came on, we had more of the play, just didn’t do enough with it. What a miss from Clark!! As for Connolly, he’s a liability. Why do we try to pass the ball out from defence, when we have a defence that can’t fecking pass???

To be honest, didn’t expect us to pick up anything tonight, a point better than nothing, but an opportunity to take more than Hearts passed up in penalties again!

We will never win a pen shootout with Seigrist in the goals, he is hopeless at them, has a lot of good attributes but just too slow even when he does guess the right way due to his size

However a draw away to Hearts is fine, much better team than any in our league at their ground good to get a match like that at this stage

Felt first half Bouhenna wanted too much time on the ball, Sporle looked poor but will give him the benefit

Surprised Harkes didn't get in but we have Stenhousemuir away in Tues so he will probably start, good to see Butcher back, he will be a little behind fitness wise

Clark imo bottles too many chances like that, our goal was lovely, great work from Stanton

Well done the 1200 Arabs aswell, good backing as always

A very difficult watch. We're still disjointed, poor with possession and play it long far to often, give the ball back to opposition so easily.
    1-1 that on another night could have been 6-1.
    OK it was step up in leagues but it showed at times and I'm not seeing anything different that tells me Robbie is knitting the players into a cohesive team.

A few little spells when we looked decent, tellingly most so when Banks and Appere came on.
    A few decent performances, Benji seems to be growing in confidence, Smith solid, Reynolds decent, Robson did his best when having to fill in at LB.
    A few nightmare performances, we all know who they were. Midfield is the problem area because we just cant link defence into attack. Would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out had Harkes and King started.
    Fantastic goal though, great to see the Shank off the mark.
    Last edited by stokearab; 12-07-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Ok had a few beers but watched game with Leeds fan who said are that tv mob watching the same game as me. His point was top 6 side so far ahead no way. Like me thought no way outplayed, strong at back reduced hearts to a couple of halve chances , produced best 2 chances second half. Shanks will score 20 plus young Banks WOW I think it was much more pluses tonight. Not been this confident in years. Shed rule.

Shocking to watch in poor conditions! So much for summer football eh!

I cant believe we just got a draw in 90 minutes against a top 6 side. We were on the back foot for too long, but Hearts didnt really cause us too many problems at the back, which is surprising with Connolly being so rash at times.

Negatives for me were Sporle, but he did look like there is something to work on, not using the advantage that McMullan had over their RB and how rocky the centre backs were.

Positives start with Shankland getting off the mark, Appere and Banks look like they have something and Liam Smith looks like he will stroll the league.

Clarks miss during 90 mins looks like it was given as a save from the keeper, how else would we have got a corner from it, but let us down for the pen. Siegrist made a mistake or 2 during the game and probably saw their goal too late to prevent it, and he got his hands to 2 of the penalties.

On to Stenhousemuir.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    A very difficult watch. We're still disjointed, poor with possession and play it long far to often, give the ball back to opposition so easily.
    1-1 that on another night could have been 6-1.
    OK it was step up in leagues but it showed at times and I'm not seeing anything different that tells me Robbie is knitting the players into a cohesive team.

A few little spells when we looked decent, tellingly most so when Banks and Appere came on.
    A few decent performances, Benji seems to be growing in confidence, Smith solid, Reynolds decent, Robson did his best when having to fill in at LB.
    A few nightmare performances, we all know who they were. Midfield is the problem area because we just cant link defence into attack. Would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out had Harkes and King started.
    Fantastic goal though, great to see the Shank off the mark.
    I agree with your assessment Stokey and may I add - if anyone dares come on this forum again and tags ICT with (imo unfairly nowadays) hammerthrowing brush then they are hard neckiit as fk because we were THAT team tonight and I for one couldn't give a fk.

We were outclassed at times and struggled to make any impact offensively but this game although a competitive fixture is in (dare I say) pre season....... an absolute sin this competition is played so soon and is highlighted by the fact that when all these 1st phase games are completed.......... We then have a FRIENDLY v Shrewsbury. Mental.

Edit to add. Watched the game on BT Sports in a pub in Tenerife and Chris Sutton is an absolute cock. FACT
    Last edited by Whitfieldarab; 12-07-2019 at 10:04 PM.

we wont play a team technically or physically that good in our league, conditions were horrendous, and you would take a draw beforehand, players to come back, hopefully some more additions, young subs did ok... on the minus side, our passing ability truly is dreadful, hopeless punts, unable to pass with any intensity/purpose or just keep the ball. Still don't see what attributes Clark has to play that role behind the striker? Prob good to get this game out the way, try and build up some momentum now. Cant say I enjoyed watching that tonight though, boring stuff.

big problems with those 2 centre halves....both stinking, cant pass a ball, lack any understanding, no confidence to ever bring ball out and Connolly as usual should have seen red due to literally diving in.
    Any strikers who have some pace or physicality and as last season they are usually caught wanting.....

We missed Harkes industry in the midfield tonight....never got McMullen into the game...but he must also work harder to get into it!

OOr left side is rank....also Clark offers nout if he doesn't get a goal....we really do need a striker who can hold a ball up and attack a high ball.....gives oor midfield time to get forward...don't think Sow is the answer being honest but he may surprise us.
    Still lacking any creativity and pace in midfield.
    Well worked goal though and young lads looked decent, brought some urgency to our play.
    Hopefully we improve as a team as it looked like we were just thrown together this summer for most o this match.....big improvements required and at least another 3 quality players imo.
    Striker,centre half,creative midfielder who can beat a man and ping a decent pass.....

onwards and upwards

Don't understand why the majority hate Robson. Difference in the left back area from first half to second half was like night and day. Distribution from the two centre halfs was awful,same as last season. First half tried too many flick ons and not careful enough in possession. Bouhenna was not poor but has had better games. Thought young Banks impressed when he came on. Our luck will turn in these penalty shoot outs but if we can get three wins in the remaining games ten points should get us one of the best runner up spots.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)