+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Line up v Hearts

In his post match interview RN says he was pleased with the performance. Said he thought it was an excellent performance against a consistently top 6 team.

I'm just not seeing that at all. I thought it was a poor overall performance with little signs here and there that one day we might click.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    In his post match interview RN says he was pleased with the performance. Said he thought it was an excellent performance against a consistently top 6 team.

I'm just not seeing that at all. I thought it was a poor overall performance with little signs here and there that one day we might click.
    Again I agree.......but its a competitive fixture played in preseason. In comparison ie in regards to the level both teams play at we weren't great but Hearts imo weren't that much better than us for large parts of the game.

Really hard to judge us at this stage. Far too early.

In his post match interview RN says he was pleased with the performance. Said he thought it was an excellent performance against a consistently top 6 team

What did you expect him to say Stokey? "We were ****e, rode our luck and deserved to get humped" ?

Quote Originally Posted by RaysRedEye View Post
    What did you expect him to say Stokey? "We were ****e, rode our luck and deserved to get humped" ?
    Aye, be funny if coaches said what they're thinking. I would have avoided saying it was a good performance. Would probably just have said it was a great chance to test ourselves v Premiership opponents and we handled it well. We can play better. Difficult conditions and both teams a bit rusty with the early start to competitive games, onwards to Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Again I agree.......but its a competitive fixture played in preseason. In comparison ie in regards to the level both teams play at we weren't great but Hearts imo weren't that much better than us for large parts of the game.

Really hard to judge us at this stage. Far too early.
    It is early. Crazy this starts so soon. Would like to see a settled first choice 11 by the time the league starts, not convinced we will though.

Terrible weather - a real advert for summer football NOT.

Early days, but I think there is a team there who should p1ss the championship, if only RN would not persist in his negative tactics. Still can’t believe we persist with everyone back at corners & this short pass at goal kicks just seems to let teams press us high up the park.

I was at the game, but must have missed something cos I didn’t think that Sporle was as bad as some are making out. Certainly not as bad as Brandon fecking Mason.. He must have something if he’s played in the top league in Argentina.

Banks & Appere looked good and hopefully will get more game time this season.

Onwards & upwards, as long as we don’t continue with this one up front p1sh against Cowdenbeath, East Fife and Stenhousemuir.

Was disappointed overall by level of performance and ball control. spore needs to get up to speed much sooner than he thought, right back also too easily beaten.

Clark has started off the season woefully, gave nothing of note to the game he pulled out of the shot for their equaliser, had he stood his ground or challenged rather than jumping turning his back (cowardice) the shot wouldn't have come in. I believe he is an imposter at this stage.

Harkes and Butcher needed for stability and drive in the midfield. McMullan needs to have service to run at people. He cannot be seen as an easy out in his own half and expected to run tot he opposite corner to easy pressure.

Distribution from the back was terrible, even attempts to put the boot thorough the ball were schect.

Clarks penalty miss didn't seem to bother him on the TV screen, a wry smile. Is the desire there or simply playing on the back of papas name.

Agree with that totally Stoke. Neilson is delusional if he thought that was a terrific performance last night. Can't pass, can't keep possession for more than 5 passes , very little creativity, granted we have King and Harkes to come in. It's ok saying we won't be playing a team like Hearts in our league this season, but pretty sure our rivals for promotion will not be too worried after that performance. Early days I suppose but still looks like the same old that I watched the end of last season. As for Chris Sutton thought he was bang on about United' performance, says it as it is even if we don't like hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Was disappointed overall by level of performance and ball control. spore needs to get up to speed much sooner than he thought, right back also too easily beaten.

Clark has started off the season woefully, gave nothing of note to the game he pulled out of the shot for their equaliser, had he stood his ground or challenged rather than jumping turning his back (cowardice) the shot wouldn't have come in. I believe he is an imposter at this stage.

Harkes and Butcher needed for stability and drive in the midfield. McMullan needs to have service to run at people. He cannot be seen as an easy out in his own half and expected to run tot he opposite corner to easy pressure.

Distribution from the back was terrible, even attempts to put the boot thorough the ball were schect.

Clarks penalty miss didn't seem to bother him on the TV screen, a wry smile. Is the desire there or simply playing on the back of papas name.

Totally agree with this summary, including the bits on Clark.

Neilson isn't delusional just being positive as it wasn't
    wasn't as bad as people are making it, it's still pre season, that wasn't our strongest line up and was our most difficult game of our 40 fixtures currently scheduled this season, our two first choice CMs didn't start /play etc and we drew at Tynecastle, job done... It's about getting out the group

Who cares if our rivals are worried (now that's delusional to think they may be anyway) , you think they would worry us if we watched them at this stage of play?

That was an excellent fixture to have at this point, a touch one way from home, with three more fixtures to come and a friendly before the league season.. Some Utd fans are just happy to dwell on negativity about the club, think back to where we were as a club on and off the park 12-18 mths ago

We are very fortunate to have got owners like the Ogrens willing to invest and all the progression there has been since, we won't know if we have improved on the park properly for a 2-3 months yet, we aren't fully upto speed,we haven't played our strongest XI, we may still have additions to come and we have 3 weeks before championship kicks off

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)