+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Line up v Hearts

I hope he has bigger better plans, tactics, than that though ttt. Or it is going to be a long long long season.

What worries me is so many United supporters seem content with the managers decision to play out from the back to two of the worst central defenders in the club's history.Reynolds to be fair to him used to be decent but he has lost any pace he ever possessed and Connolly who i was assured was not a first choice is FN hopeless.
    If i was a betting man not one penny would be going on a league win IF they continue in the centre of defence.To be honest i thought Robbie having watched back any of the Play Off games would realise that even in this shyte league they could well cost him his job.It amazes me that Robbie a disciple of the LARGS coaching manual has not acted to change his back four.
    There are posters on here screaming for Robson never to play for United again yet say F ALL about our central pairing,i really do wonder if any of them have ever actually played a game of football,FACT.

You say that and yet our defensive record improved a lot after January, particularly when Reynolds played and if we'd had that over the season then we'd have been laughing

Not saying they are very good but not as bad as you and others try and make out either, we are still in the market for a cb aswell

Can't see posters saying that about Robson bte, bizarre if so as he played well second half of season too, another who improved since Neilson has been here along with McMullan

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Indeed, which is why I really don't think we're going to be to much different from last season. To be fair, if we continue the points gathering started under Robbie we'll probably win the league and who can't be happy about that?

Don't see the evidence of this considering we have only played Hearts at Tynecastle, however if we maintain the form we have had under him, particularly since January over a season then we won't be far off, regardless of how we do it

Really looking forward to the season

Surely there is agreement we need to be more positive and play a real 4231 ie 4-2-4 when we are attacking 4-5-1 when defending and not the 4411 that Neilson teams look more like especially away from home at 1-0 up. (He did that last season as well) If Robson and McMullen had dropped any deeper would have been a 6-3-1 ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't see the evidence of this considering we have only played Hearts at Tynecastle, however if we maintain the form we have had under him, particularly since January over a season then we won't be far off, regardless of how we do it

Really looking forward to the season
    tbf I think that's what Terry meant but I'm sure he'll tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Indeed, which is why I really don't think we're going to be to much different from last season. To be fair, if we continue the points gathering started under Robbie we'll probably win the league and who can't be happy about that?
    As said before I believe we have enough to win the league, yes.

But my question to you and probably Shedka is this. Would you not expect that the coach by now, with these players, would be getting us playing with some fluidity, the ability to hold the ball and find a man, build a move with some patience and creativity? Because that's what I'm not seeing. Thoughts?

was it just me that i actually thought we missed Sow up top on friday? someone who can at least hold the ball up and get us up the park? might have allowed us to then be able to get some passing going from the back as hearts would have dropped to prevent sow getting ball or tracking runners of him? (like we done with dealing with the big boy up top for them).

some of the stuff people have said about the game is over the top.

it wasnt our greatest performance and i would like to see an improvement all round but considering we were away at Tynecastle to a top 6 team to get a draw was decent enough. If we got a doing then i could see the negative but we were hardly given a beaten (benji had 2 good saves but we had two great chances in 2nd half where we should have scored)

improvement needed but lets see how the other games go in the cup

I agree. The lack of positive attacking play which can open defences, and create fear in the opposition has been missing over the past 3 seasons. Something I had hope Robbie wld address.

That said realistically it’s still ipre season and a lot can change/ develop over the nxt 3 matches. 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    was it just me that i actually thought we missed Sow up top on friday? someone who can at least hold the ball up and get us up the park? might have allowed us to then be able to get some passing going from the back as hearts would have dropped to prevent sow getting ball or tracking runners of him? (like we done with dealing with the big boy up top for them).

some of the stuff people have said about the game is over the top.

it wasnt our greatest performance and i would like to see an improvement all round but considering we were away at Tynecastle to a top 6 team to get a draw was decent enough. If we got a doing then i could see the negative but we were hardly given a beaten (benji had 2 good saves but we had two great chances in 2nd half where we should have scored)

improvement needed but lets see how the other games go in the cup
    Spot on post mate,we are only gonna play one up front cause that's in the Largs manual,so why waste a wage on Shankland when we already have Sow?.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)