+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Line up v Hearts

Line up v Hearts

5 days time. Butcher and Pawlett out who would you start given that it's a game we want a result from?

Siegrist
    Smith Reynolds Connolly Sporle
    Bouhenna
    Harkes C Smith Robson
    Clark Shankland

McMullan off the bench at some point for one of the front 5

Off the top of my head, you might persuade me different

Open maybe too open, attacking, let's go and put a performance on
    Last edited by stokearab; 07-07-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Siegrist
    Bouhenna
    Harkes C Smith Robson
    Clark Shankland

McMullan off the bench at some point for one of the front 5

Off the top of my head, you might persuade me different

Open maybe too open, attacking, let's go and put a performance on
    I would agree with the line up that you have suggested there and I had thought of a lineup similar to that.

Probably the changes I would have considered would have been Butcher for Bouhenna and possibly Sow for Clark alongside Shankland, although I am still unsure which to go with.

The left wing was also another area I was not sure of with few real options standing out and so Robson it would also be, although maybe Matty Smith there maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Baku Arab View Post
    I would agree with the line up that you have suggested there and I had thought of a lineup similar to that.

Probably the changes I would have considered would have been Butcher for Bouhenna and possibly Sow for Clark alongside Shankland, although I am still unsure which to go with.

The left wing was also another area I was not sure of with few real options standing out and so Robson it would also be, although maybe Matty Smith there maybe.
    My thinking was that Robson gives the new left back a bit of support on the left on his competitive debut and gives us an attacking wide option in the absence of McMullan starting. Cammy central to link with the front two.
    Butcher is injured still I think as hasn't featured in the friendlies. It leaves the midfield a bit lightweight but does have a lot of mobility. Clark and Shankland together could be deadly.
    Last edited by stokearab; 07-07-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Can't see us playing 2 up top. Highly unlikely IMHO.

I would go:
    Benji
    McMullen Bouhenna Harkes Appere
    Clark Shankland

Assuming Appere can play on the left!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Can't see us playing 2 up top. Highly unlikely IMHO.
    Hi Terry. The clue was in the question who would you start

Edit. We all know what RN will do and so will Levein. And every manager in the Championship. Its dull as f uck
    Last edited by stokearab; 07-07-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Or a 4231 with Shankland up top obviously!

Cant believe its come around so quick again! Looking forward to this and currently trying to decide whether to go through or not although lack of money is winning the argument just now.

I think Butcher and Pawlett are injured, Sow took a knock last week and Harkes not had a full pre-season yet, I would be going with,

Siegrist,
    L Smith, Connolley, Reynolds, Sporle.
    Bouhenna,
    McMullan, C Smith, Stanton, King,
    Shankland.

Subs, Deniz, Harkes, Sow, Clark, Chalmers, Robson, Watson.

Robson should be f ucking no where near the starting 11, never, ever!!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)