+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rodriguez

Rodriguez

Set to sign for Burnley for £10m,

I don't think I'm that disappointed to be honest, he's 30 this month.

He's a great professional and I wish him well, but a lot of his goals were tap ins and pens last season.

It gives us some cash to buy a striker and reduce the age of the squad down again,

Also free's up cash on the wages because he was a high earner.

Let's hope we invest this money wisely!

No real surprise, i think we all expected him to go. He gave us a season to get back and never spat his dummy out so full credit to him for that. It will be his last go at the top flight so can't really blame him.

It leaves us thin on the ground up front, so we need replacements fast. But on the plus side if we had kept the same players it would have been the same old same old.
    At least Bilic will be able to build his own side to match his own style. Whether we do well or struggle i don't know. But i will be interesting.

What makes you think we are going to get the money we will be lucky to see it that's in lai's pocket

Sad he's going, how do we replace a forward line that scored 40 odd goals? Pity we can't get rid off the useless Robson Kanu, he's hanging around like a bad smell.

I’d have used J Rod to try and get Chris Wood back.

One of our worst decisions of the last decade letting Chris go.....I rated him from the first time I saw him at 17 setting up two goals for Luke Moore at Peterborough.

Anyone capable of creating chances for that c nut was a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Sad he's going, how do we replace a forward line that scored 40 odd goals? Pity we can't get rid off the useless Robson Kanu, he's hanging around like a bad smell.
    55 goals we've lost from last season through Gayle, Rodriguez and Barnes.

We need some serious rebuilding. I imagine (hopefully) that the bulk of the money for Dawson, Jrod and Rondon when he does eventually go will be given to Bilic.

This is probably one of the most critical points I can remember, we really need to get this transfer window right.

I posted this earlier on another post on 5th July. Since then Harper signed and looks like Rodriguez out the door soon. Very worrying times ahead over the next few weeks.

Unless I am mistaken I think our first team might look something like this for the first friendly

Johnstone

Nyom (if staying)
    Hegazi (if back from Africa Nations Cup)
    Bartley
    Gibbs (if staying)

Phillips
    Livermore
    Harper (if staying)
    Burke (if staying)

Rodriguez (if staying)
    Robson-Kanu

On the bench
    Bond
    Townsend
    Melbourne
    Brunt
    Field
    Leko
    Edwards

Oh I forgot not to worry because we all trust Mr Dowling!! Slaven this definitely is the hardest job you have ever taken on.

I am expecting an influx of European players. Bilic and his coaches have a good knowledge of the European leagues and are fluent in several languages.
    Players from abroad would be far cheaper than the ones we would try to sign in Britain, and we could get some bargains.
    I think most will be loans with a view to permanent which at this time looks the sensible option.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I am expecting an influx of European players. Bilic and his coaches have a good knowledge of the European leagues and are fluent in several languages.
    Players from abroad would be far cheaper than the ones we would try to sign in Britain, and we could get some bargains.
    I think most will be loans with a view to permanent which at this time looks the sensible option.
    Good Post. I agree.
    They can get rid of the lot of em for me. They have let me down two years on the bounce now.

Reducing the age of the squad is a red herring, and its discriminating toward a mature age, an age when you are actually at your best as a player. We know what happens to the young players IF, and that's a big IF at our club, they actually become consistent and good enough to play in the first team. J Rod is a big loss when we don't have enough strikers and don't seem to be buying anyone quick enough to actually have a team by August the 3rd. We can't keep losing our main players. Its stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)