+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers

Rogers

Another one of our youngsters going to man city Morgan Rogers turned down contract what's the point in keeping the academy if clubs can just take our good youngsters for compensation and they get all the benefit something should be done, ie if he's sold on we should get half the fee that would be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Another one of our youngsters going to man city Morgan Rogers turned down contract what's the point in keeping the academy if clubs can just take our good youngsters for compensation and they get all the benefit something should be done, ie if he's sold on we should get half the fee that would be fair
    We should be able to negotiate something half decent with Man City with a good sell on clause as they're an English club.

Whereas for Louis Barry, because he's going to a European club we get a nominated fee.

Real shame this one, he's an Albion fan from Halesowen too.

But you can't really blame him, or Barry. They have secured their financial future at 16 years old, and they're also signing for massive clubs.

We can't offer these kids what Man City and Barcelona can. Only loyalty would keep them here because they're local. But loyalty won't pay the bills when they've retired.

I read what a mate of mine wrote on social media earlier on today and its true, if they don't cut it at Man C or Barca then they might end up at the Albion. If they don't cut it at the Albion they end up in League 2 or the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    We should be able to negotiate something half decent with Man City with a good sell on clause as they're an English club.

Whereas for Louis Barry, because he's going to a European club we get a nominated fee.

But you can't really blame him, or Barry. They have secured their financial future at 16 years old, and they're also signing for massive clubs.

We can't offer these kids what Man City and Barcelona can. Only loyalty would keep them here because they're local. But loyalty won't pay the bills when they've retired.

I read what a mate of mine wrote on social media earlier on today and its true, if they don't cut it at Man C or Barca then they might end up at the Albion. If they don't cut it at the Albion they end up in League 2 or the conference.
    We can offer them more GAME TIME isn't that what it's all about not money

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

I’d like to bet that neither Barry or Rogers will make it at these giants or at any decent level.

In 30 years time both will be comfortably off and wondering what might have been if they’d relied on natural progression with us.

Nothing beats playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    We can offer them more GAME TIME isn't that what it's all about not money
    These kids were born in the early part of the 21st century......so no, its not about the football....its only money....simple.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’d like to bet that neither Barry or Rogers will make it at these giants or at any decent level.

In 30 years time both will be comfortably off and wondering what might have been if they’d relied on natural progression with us.

Nothing beats playing.
    Most likely to be be bankrupt, with in a couple of years after finishing playing.

Just read that Morgan still has a year to go on his contract, but can sign a pro contract next month, if he doesn't sign he can leave next summer with Albion getting compensation . Man City have made the approach.

This one I’m particularly p1-5sed off with, I was genuinely excited by the prospect of Rogers being a real gem for the Albion. I honestly think we might aswell shut our academy, we’re nothing more than a stepping stone. Yes, there’s the odd one, but the real exciting prospects are just cherry picked, these greedy clubs who just swoop and pluck them like hawks taking its prey should be hit hard in the pocket.

I understand we could do the same to a non-league club but being involved in junior football I see the investment in these kids, it’s unbelievable, their schooling, development, travelling around the UK and Europe in tournaments etc. Apparently we get this back with the pathetic compo payment. Personally I’d gladly see Albion, Walsall, Blues, Wolves and Villa all close their academies, that way we at junior level would hang on to our better players and local non league would prosper. The scrap heap is bigger than ever with broken hearted kids being dumped by these academies, one minute they’re strutting around at school like they’re a pro footballer next minute they’re dumped on their arse.

Stuff these so called big clubs, let them come and scour the Midlands for themselves, why the fcku should we do it for them!

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    This one I’m particularly p1-5sed off with, I was genuinely excited by the prospect of Rogers being a real gem for the Albion. I honestly think we might aswell shut our academy, we’re nothing more than a stepping stone. Yes, there’s the odd one, but the real exciting prospects are just cherry picked, these greedy clubs who just swoop and pluck them like hawks taking its prey should be hit hard in the pocket.

I understand we could do the same to a non-league club but being involved in junior football I see the investment in these kids, it’s unbelievable, their schooling, development, travelling around the UK and Europe in tournaments etc. Apparently we get this back with the pathetic compo payment. Personally I’d gladly see Albion, Walsall, Blues, Wolves and Villa all close their academies, that way we at junior level would hang on to our better players and local non league would prosper. The scrap heap is bigger than ever with broken hearted kids being dumped by these academies, one minute they’re strutting around at school like they’re a pro footballer next minute they’re dumped on their arse.

Stuff these so called big clubs, let them come and scour the Midlands for themselves, why the fcku should we do it for them!
    Minn......Izzy Brown!

62 games in 6 years since leaving Albion and hardly any at top level.

If he’d stayed with us he’d probably have played 150 matches and be playing for a second tier Premier side like Everton and earning £70k a week.

Youngsters badly advised by greedy agents and greedy parents.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Minn......Izzy Brown!

62 games in 6 years since leaving Albion and hardly any at top level.

If he’d stayed with us he’d probably have played 150 matches and be playing for a second tier Premier side like Everton and earning £70k a week.

Youngsters badly advised by greedy agents and greedy parents.
    Just imagine our side with all these kids knocking on the door of the first team, for me seeing a kid coming through from the youth team beats any big money signing, just so sad and frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)