+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Review 2019/2020

Cheers Rosie for another good review

Got going this week so happy with my tactics n training n bongo no luck involved my friend 😊

Thanks again Rosie. I know my place. Trouble is, I have to work hard just to stay there!

Cheers Rosie, I'm playing the long game! It's going to be a long time until I win a Gameweek I think. Not too impressed with my newly wild carded team tbh. And it looks like Martial could be injured now. I was expecting more from Firmino as he got a hatrick last time Liverpool played arsenal. That never seems to be true tho does it!! Still, at least I still have my triple captain chip. Just need to work out when Kane is likely to get a - 1 game score like he did for me last season

Thanks again for another fun read, Rosie!

Well done to Iwuz - I was so busy keeping an eye out for what Mr Snazzy Owen was up to with his team, I failed to notice you racing right past us!

Wow, that must be the best VM start to the season, Bongo? I'm usually ranked around 2-3 million at this time of year. Or 4 or 5.

Sam, despite you playing your wild card, with my changes to my team too, we still share 8 out of our first 11 players! Groan!

I must admit, I was worried when I saw you had purchased and captained Firmino given his Arsenal hat-trick. Could have been riding high on that one! It's weird, the weeks, when on paper, my team looks like it should have a good week, I end up having a nightmare, and when I am fully expecting a low number of points, my team does really well! The footballing gods work in mysterious ways. I think a lot will be frustrated about Martial's injury given how many of us bought him this week! At least you are not Oz this week. I heard one of his team mention something about him brandishing a hair drier in the dressing room. Giggles.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 28-08-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    Going to give the armband to Super John McGinn this week Winnie, with so many players picking the same captain you have to think "outside the box".
    Yes, that's certainly the brave way to get ahead with so many of us having such similar teams, BB. I'm a bit too wimpy and scared about dropping right back down if my usual boring Sterling/Salah captain choice bags a hat trick, so perhaps overly cautious. I would, however, have been delighted if your captain choice this week had won a hat trick - I wouldn't have challenged the ref once!

It's going well so far.

Yes, pretty good Oz!

No-one tell him he's looking at the table upside down again.

Week 4

Easy week for working out the captains with only 4 on view. Sterling top managers choice with 9 wasted votes.

1. Aguero 32 points - Dazzy, Iwuz, Nuc and HJ.

2. DeBruyne 26 points - Picasso and Uncle Tony.

3. Salah 12 points - Harry, Jesh, Liam and Gornal.

4. Sterling 6 lousy points 😩 - Bongo, Winnie, David, Will, Sam, Rosie, BB, Yubby and Oz.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK

HJ and Aston Lilla scoop the award with 93💥 phenomenal points so very nearly equaling Bongo’s highest score to date.
    Uncle Tony with Swordfish runners up with 85 points.

Great play guys. 👏👏👏👏👏 It’s what some of us can only dream of. 🤪

TOP 6💥

👉1. Sausage United

👍2. The Crimson Tide

👉3. Dazzy’s Barmy Army

👍4. Jack of the Net

👎5. Billesley Villans

👍6. Swordfish

Bongo still leading the way with an 11 point advantage over Iwuz who is now leading the chasing pack in 2nd place.

Dazzy cemented in 3rd place.

Picasso’s masterplan is obviously working as he joins the elite teams in 4th place.

BB crashes and burns down to 5th after a disastrous week for the Villans.

Uncle Tony showing his class as he claims 6th place.

We bid adieu to Winnie and David who are now residing in 8th and 10th respectively.

RELEGATION 😱

👍17. Claret & Blue Army

👎18. Injury Prone Xl

👎19. Ozstan Villa

A score of 76 points sees Gornal up to 17th.

Yubby down to 18th.

Oz hits rock bottom.

Jesh and Rosie flirting with relegation, having the same number of points as Gornal and only staying above him by virtue of less transfers.😳

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Oz and Ozstan Villa nightmare season continues, with 39 sad points Oz collects his 3rd Mare of the season.

CHIPS PLAYED

Free Hit - HJ played a blinder scooping 93 points.

Wildcard - Jesh joins the wildcard disaster brigade with a miserable 41 points. 😳👎

Fantasy League back Saturday 14th September

Cheers Rosie.. happy going into the break in form 👍

Thanks Rosie! I would like to be able to say it was an enjoyable read this week. Really I would! I kind of read it peering between the gaps in my splayed fingers, with one eye open! Sam, it looks like I'll be sitting next to you again sooner than expected!

Sterling in big trouble this week with quite a few of us!

Big congrats to HJ and Uncle Tony and all Aguero captainers!

There seems to be a bad case of the curse of the wild card going on this season!

Commiserations to Oz - I think he may have got a bad dose of captainitis which plagued Yubby a few seasons ago. You are still the reigning champ though!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for an injury free international break!

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)