+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Review 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by VillaRosie View Post
    Just checked Nuc and Mings the Merciless are back making 19 teams in the VMFL although it’s looking likely this will be amended to 18 as Winnie will have to jettison Richard unless he makes contact before 7pm tomorrow.

I'm really sorry Richard. I've had to press the jettison button now. Obviously, it is nothing personal, just the VMFL rules of entry. I've organised a nice comfortable landing for you in the best seat at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, so hopefully you'll be able to watch a comfortable Villa win where Kane doesn't get a look in! (Gives stern look in Dazzy's direction )

You may have seen Bongo has started a Footymad League for the whole site to join. He's not applying any rules of entry, so it would be great if you could join us in that League. The code of entry is: rhelgk. I see you are a keen fantasy leaguer so all the best for the season!

Note to Rosie: I've suspended Richard's entry, but it's still showing on the Standings List at the moment in case you're looking. I imagine it will be removed when the League tables are updated … I can't see our League on his team page now ...
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 09-08-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Still dithering over a couple of choices, but only 25 mins to deadline, so time to have confidence in my team and pens down! So that is it! Winnie's Warriors team selected!

I'm really looking forward to having a nose at all your teams - having a first look at who we have all chosen is one of my favourite parts of the Fantasy League season!

Good luck all!

Just checked Winnie, Richard has disappeared into the Fantasy League ether, however we welcome new manager David and his team McGinn & Tonic to our VMFL family. 👏👏👏👏👏 Cutting it fine David you must have squeezed through the door as it was closing. 😂

I feel sure David and Picasso are related.

HELP

Is it just me but at present I can’t see other teams players I can only see the history page and when I press points it takes me back to my team.

Actually no points are accumulating either still on zero. 🤬
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 09-08-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Ah, yes. That’s my nephew and Winnie’s nemesis. No updates yet on the fantasy league website but I’m guessing a lot of captain armbands for Salah and a few smug Origi managers.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Ah, yes. That’s my nephew and Winnie’s nemesis. No updates yet on the fantasy league website but I’m guessing a lot of captain armbands for Salah and a few smug Origi managers.

Yes I remember David had an horrendous team name to spell and we called it Looga.

Ha ha nooooo, not your nephew, Picasso! Now you tell him any nonsense (ie being too clever clogs with his chips) this season and he'll be out of the League faster than Liverpool can score v Norwich! :

PS. Welcome David.

Quote Originally Posted by VillaRosie View Post
    Just checked Winnie, Richard has disappeared into the Fantasy League ether, however we welcome new manager David and his team McGinn & Tonic to our VMFL family. ���������� Cutting it fine David you must have squeezed through the door as it was closing. ��

I feel sure David and Picasso are related.

HELP

Is it just me but at present I can’t see other teams players I can only see the history page and when I press points it takes me back to my team.

Actually no points are accumulating either still on zero. ��
    Thanks Rosie! Yes,

Re other teams. You can see them by clicking on GW1 (it's in red) in the Entry History Section. So just click on the Manager's name as usual, where you get taken to History, and you'll see Entry History at the top of the page! Always a few gremlins the first week, hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

I haven't looked at everybody's yet, but I see Dazzy has wisely changed his captain to Aguero ha ha.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 09-08-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Thanks Rosie! Yes,

Re other teams. You can see them by clicking on GW1 (it's in red) in the Entry History Section. So just click on the Manager's name as usual, where you get taken to History, and you'll see Entry History at the top of the page! Always a few gremlins the first week, hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

I haven't looked at everybody's yet, but I see Dazzy has wisely changed his captain to Aguero ha ha.

Brilliant Winnie thanks. 🤩 👍

Well, that didn’t go well.

Week 1

Welcome to the first report of the 2019/2020 season.

CAPTAIN WATCH

Six players given the armband with Salah top managers choice with 10 votes.

1. Sterling - strangely only Will and Jesh nominated him for captain thereby covering themselves in glory by earning a whopping 40 points.

2. Kane 26 points - Hubball junior Harry has a free pass but no sentiment shown by Nuc the Merciless giving Kane the armband. 😱 😳

3. Salah 24 points 😍 - Sam, BB, Winnie, Rosie, David, Iwuz, Uncle Tony, Picasso, HJ and Bongo.

4. DeBruyne 14 points - Yubby.

5. Aguero 10 points - Liam and Dazzy.

6. Vardy 4 points - Oz and Gornal.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

The first award of the season goes to the very excitable Bongo and Sausage United with 95 💥 sizzling points, runner up one of our previous winners David and McGinn & Tonic with 91 terrific points💥. Well played guys fantastic scores. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

1. Sausage United

2. McGinn & Tonic

3. Winnie’s Warriors & Billesley Villan

4. The Crimson Tide

6. Swordfish & Kirkley Krusaders

So after week 1 Bongo leads the way but crucially David is breathing down his neck only 4 points behind. Are Bongo and his team one week wonders? or are they in it to win it. (Pinched from Sam) David has been here before as a previous winner.

Winnie and BB sharing 3rd.

No messing from Iwuz playing his Bench Boost chip in week 1 resulting in an excellent 16 point haul and 5th place.

Uncle Tony and Jesh sharing 6th place.

POSSIBLE RELEGATION FODDER 😱

17. Injury Prone XI

18. Claret & Blue Army

19. Ozstan Villa

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Not a very auspicious start to the new campaign from our reigning champ Oz and Ozstan Villa only managing a woeful 42 points and therefore earning our first Mare of the Week. 😜🤪😝

Hopefully there will be more action to report after the next round of fixtures.

Well, that didn’t go well.

Are you mulling over using your Wildcard Picasso? 🤪😜😝

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)