+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Review 2019/2020

Week 6

CAPTAIN WATCH

With Pep’s intervention on Saturday omitting Sterling from the team sheet certainly put the cat 🐱 among the pigeons. Strange because normally he and Ederson are usually certs to start with other players usually in jeopardy. Whenever the Man City team is announced our managers are holding their breath in anticipation praying their chosen ones have escaped Pep’s cull. At least Sterling managers where probably grateful for small mercies in that Pep didn’t send him on in the 85th minute for a couple of points, although Sam is probably still spitting feathers after playing his Triple Captain Chip 🍟.

You will have guessed Sterling was the top managers pick with 9 votes. With his omission I have substituted in the vice captains and reshuffled the pack.

Top managers choice now Salah with 6 votes.

1. DeBruyne 34 points💥 - Picasso and Uncle Tony.💥

2. Aguero 18 points - Dazzy, Iwuz and Rosie.

3.Aubameyang/Salah 10 points - HJ, Harry, Will, Nuc, Liam, Gornal, Jesh, BB, David.

5. Pukki 6 points - Sam - Triple Captain Chip. 🤬🤮

6. Mane/Abraham/Leno 4 points - Bongo, Winnie, Yubby, and Oz.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

The honour this week goes to Picasso and Jack of the Net with 76💥 mesmerising points with Uncle Tony and Swordfish runners up with 70 points.

Congratulations guys you where the only two who had the wisdom to chose DeBruyne as captain. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👍1. Jack of the Net

👍2. The Crimson Tide

👎3. Dazzy’s Barmy Army

👎4. Sausage United

👍5. Aston Lilla

👎6. Billesley Villans

King Picasso 👑 reigns supreme as Dazzy needs to regroup after been booted 🥾 down to 3rd place after only 1 week in the hot seat.

Iwuz up to 2nd.

Bongo down to 4th with the Sausage in free fall. This will test Bongo’s resolve will he be able to resist the lure of the transfer market. 🤪

Good week for HJ up to 5th.

Bad week for BB down to 6th only just avoiding the Mare.

RELEGATION 😰😱

👉17. Claret & Blue Army

👉18. Injury Prone XI

👉19. Ozstan Villa

Gornal, Yubby and Oz all stuck in quicksand.

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Yubby and Injury Prone XI scoop the award with a microscopic 35 points. 😱

CHIPS 🍟

Wildcard Bongo 48 - Dispointing point haul. 👎

Wildcard Winnie 69 points - Superb positioning of sub Lundstram ensuring a heathy point haul. 👍

Triple Captain Sam 6 points - Sam a victim of saboteur Pep and having to rely on Vice captain Pukki who unfortunately delivered a under par performance.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 23-09-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Cheers Rosie for a great report..

No panic buttons just yet

Another awesome read, Rosie! Thank you so much.

Big congrats to Picasso for his award and yet another haul from his Captain! I'll have to jinx you more often. Congrats also to Uncle Tony for selecting DeBruyne and runner up award.

I think the PL managers will soon be paying me not to captain their star players after other Captain fail from me!. I would blame Sam, for jinxing me by triple captaining Sterling, but I got a chance to hand Mane the VC armband and sweet nothing yet again! However, a big phew for getting a bit lucky with Lundstram this week. The Warriors' fans were all carrying bags of cabbages in the event of another Mare award. I get to fight another week!

Heads off to rescue Gornal and the two Aussies from the quicksand.

Great report Rosie. Many thanks. There’s no secret about the captain, it’s either Salah or DeBruyne depending on who they’re playing. I’ve just got lucky recently. Pep could easily have dropped him instead of Sterling which indeed he did last week. It’s a minefield selecting Man City players especially in Champions League weeks. I wish I had as much luck with my subs who seem to outscore my defence every week! Obviously I’m pleased to be winning but I prefer to chase and not be chased. It’s all a bit unnerving and can make you panic.......like Bongo

Thanks Rosie, I can only say thank you to Pep for not bringing Sterling on towards the end... But against Watford he may have scored a couple in 5 mins.

Pukki is allowed a bad week and I've noticed something about him which I'm not sharing.

My son, once again picked the striker against Villa and once again was fruitful.

Even tho his goal shouldn't have counted. But nevermind, the rugby World Cup is on. Pints of Guinness at 6am go down surprisingly well 😁🍻

Nice one Rosie top report! No panic from me. Just can't get my captain right.

Great report Rosie, bad week for me.

Week 7

CAPTAIN WATCH

8 captains on show this week. Top managers choice Salah with 6 votes.

1. DeBruyne 18 points - Picasso, Uncle Tony and Yubby.

2. SJM 16 points - Don’t mention VAR to BB. 🤮

3. Sterling 14 points - Bongo, Winnie, Will and Oz.

4. Son 10 points - Sam.

5. Aguero 8 points - Howls of derision from Dazzy has Pep decided it was Aguero’s turn to be sidelined for most of the match.

6. Mane/Salah 6 points - Rosie, Nuc, Harry, David, Jesh, Gornal and 9 points for Liam who played his Triple Captain chip.

8. Abraham 4 points - Iwuz and HJ.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

BB and the Billesley Villans scoop their 2nd award of the season with 64 momentous points.

A three way tie for 2nd place with 61 points Picasso and Jack of the Net, Uncle Tony and Swordfish and Yubby with Injury Prone XI.

👏👏👏👏👏 Congratulations guys.

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Jack of the Net

👍2. Dazzy’s Barmy Army

👎3. The Crimson Tide

👉4. Sausage United

👍5. Billesley Villans

👍6. Swordfish

Picasso keeps his team firmly focused on the task in hand now holding a 20 point lead over a buoyant Dazzy who reclaims 2nd place.

Iwuz slips to 3rd.

Bongo clings on to 4th place with the help of VAR.

A rejuvenated BB climbs to 5th although no fan of the aforementioned VAR after it ruled out captain SJM goal.

Uncle Tony up to 6th at HJ’s expense.

RELEGATION 😰😱

👉17. Claret & Blue Army

👉18. Injury Prone Xl

👉19. Ozstan Villa

No movement place wise in the drop zone but point wise all 3 are closing in on Rosie in 16th 😱 place.

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Obviously I must have forgot to take the Abs out of reverse gear because the winner this week is ME with a monumentally dire 41 points. Plenty of competition for the coveted award having to fend off Iwuz, Jesh and Liam all finishing on 43 points. Actually thought I had escaped foolishly thinking I had 6 points due from my sub only to find Rico actually played and managed to get zero points. 😝😜🤪

CHIP

Liam - Triple Captain - Salah 9 points 👎

After Gameweek week 8 we have yet another international break with Fantasy League returning on 19th October.

Thanks Rosie for all your hard work putting these reports together, I'm sure you enjoy it, your readers on here certainly do.

Another A report, Rosie. As BB says, thank you so much for all your time and dedication to our VM League - I know full well these reports can't be written in 10 minutes. It is very much appreciated.

Well done BB! If you can get McGinn to do that every week!

Finally got a result from my Captain with a last minute goal that saved me from an otherwise pretty uninspiring week.

Heads off to try and catch a sneaky glimpse of Picasso's captain choice.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-10-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)