+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feeling a bit flat?

Anyone else feeling a bit flat?

End of season I was pretty gutted especially how we threw it away ourselves thanks to Kiko, Cooper and Berardi in particular but once that had all blown over and Bielsa was confirmed as staying I felt positive then we added White, which I thought was an ok signing and then Costa which I thought was a brilliant signing.

But since then it has been nothing positive, we've seen loads of young Leeds players leave in Wilks, Halme, Coyle and others. All I'm hearing now is Jansson is pretty much gone and it looks like Roofe is joining him, though despite reports I don't currently see Phillips leaving. On top of this I'm hearing and seeing nothing of anyone coming in, I know that could be a good thing that it is being kept quite (see Barry Douglas last summer) but still its hard to look at any of this and think we are seriously going to challenge next year as it stands.

In regards to Jansson and Roofe, if those two leave I worry what it will do to the squad. Jansson is a big personality and I feel well liked in the squad, sure sometimes he does things he shouldn't do but that is because he is passionate, I'd rather him being passionate than Liam Cooper getting sent off because he is too thick not to dive in at someone when on a yellow card or Berardi who thinks two footing someone in a semi final 2nd leg is a smart move. Add to this the issue around Bailey Peacock-Farrel who rightly or wrongly stated in an interview that if he isn't first choice he may have to move on, where is his attitude going to be in August when he is warming the bench?

All in all I'm worried both about our lack of development squad wise from last year and the potential damaged to squad unity that all this movement is going to cause. Are we just a club now that signs young players from elsewhere, trains them up for a year or two then sells them on? Or is this all just clever business to generate funds to allow us to make 3-4 crucial signings to make that leap to promotion?

Seems like the same old off season rollercoaster to me Joel. Up, down, up, down.... The sooner the season kicks off the better, regardless of who we have on our books. Sick of trying to guess what we are up to!
    But mainly still flat from last season...

Its all very strange, so much so that I am the point where I am hoping that Radz is asset stripping the club to line his own pockets in advance of a take over from that Qatar group. Really clutching at straws I know.

One aspect I cant get me head around is why the heck are we selling the likes of Jansonn & Clarke so cheaply ( potentially Roofe too). The unproven youngsters I understand ut not first team players? If are trying to generate funds surely we sell high?

I think there is a massive twist yet to come from Leeds this summer, I hope its goods news and not the opposite.

Bielsa signs on for a second year;
    Corberan turns down a managership to stay with the Leeds project;
    Massive investment in training facilities.

These three 'facts' alone tell me that there is a plan...one into which Bielsa has had a year long input. What's happening right now is a clearing of the decks to allow Bielsa to run the ship he wants, in the way he wants. 12 months ago if you'd told me that Marcelo Bielsa would be 'controlling' the squad at Leeds United I'd have thought you were nuts. Me for one, I'm just enjoying the ride. It will be fascinating to see who the club bring in and how a 'planned' Bielsa squad might perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post

These three 'facts' alone tell me that there is a plan...one into which Bielsa has had a year long input. What's happening right now is a clearing of the decks to allow Bielsa to run the ship he wants, in the way he wants. 12 months ago if you'd told me that Marcelo Bielsa would be 'controlling' the squad at Leeds United I'd have thought you were nuts. Me for one, I'm just enjoying the ride. It will be fascinating to see who the club bring in and how a 'planned' Bielsa squad might perform.
    What the F00K have you been smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post

I do believe anything that happens is with Bielsas blessing as we know if he doesnt get his way he'd be gone or if he felt the club had failed on promises they'd made he'd be gone.

It is definitely going to be fascinating, I think we just need a few more proper first team players signed to make me feel a bit more confident going forward

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I do believe anything that happens is with Bielsas blessing as we know if he doesnt get his way he'd be gone or if he felt the club had failed on promises they'd made he'd be gone.

It is definitely going to be fascinating, I think we just need a few more proper first team players signed to make me feel a bit more confident going forward
    Totally agree...and those signings will come.

I don't know what to believe anymore, rumours upon rumours, wouldn't surprise me if roofe and Phillips both left, feel pretty down at the moment, was high last week, this week it's like your lottery numbers have come up and you forgot to buy a ticket!

2 months ago, very very flat.
    2 weeks ago, flat.
    Today very flat.
    Tomorrow ??

Maybe we should invent a flatometer to gauge the levels of our emotions.

Feeling f*cking angry to be honest.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)