+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feeling a bit flat?

It's all good, in Bielsa (or should that be Orta?), we trust, hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It's all good, in Bielsa (or should that be Orta?), we trust, hmmmm?
    Title contenders...3rd last year
    Bookies favourites for promotion
    World class manager
    An academy that's the best in the country
    A squad with players who are in demand...

Funny how easy it is to paint a picture of doubt...stoke the fears. Its so easy to tear down others, so hard to inspire them. After 15 years of debacle...I'm definitely good with what's happening at our club right now. Its not 'all good', but I'm not sure why others are letting the fearmongers...play.

Now, if they were fearmongering about Bates, or Cellino...or Rosler, or Christiansen, or Heckingbotton, or Evans...or Hockaday!!!!….then I'd be right with them.
    Last edited by Flintadore; 09-07-2019 at 04:55 AM.

I'm feeling quite flat myself.

We had every right to feel optimistic about this summer. Bielsa proved we don't need an overhaul after he turned players "not good enough" into promotion contenters. 1-2 quality additions and we'd be excited as hell for the new season. We were linked to players like Hélder Costa, Ander Iturraspe (FK YES) and a few more, so the hype was very real, especially when Costa actually arrived.

But since then, only negatives. Clarke gets sold, Phillips might be, Roofe the same but the icing on the cake is Jansson being thrown out. To a potential promotion rival. Way below his worth. I get that Bielsa wants to show his authority but getting rid of him because of one disagreement? Jesus Christ man. How about a meeting with the him? Discuss the problems and resolve them. Nah, fk that. We didn't need our best defender anyway. And no offence to White, I might be wrong (I hope I am!) but I can't imagine him being anywhere near Jansson's level, not even with all 15 of his games in League One. We need at least 2 absolute bombshells during this summer to start believing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    World class manager

Funny how easy it is to paint a picture of doubt...stoke the fears. Its so easy to tear down others, so hard to inspire them. After 15 years of debacle...I'm definitely good with what's happening at our club right now. Its not 'all good', but I'm not sure why others are letting the fearmongers...play.

Now, if they were fearmongering about Bates, or Cellino...or Rosler, or Christiansen, or Heckingbotton, or Evans...or Hockaday!!!!….then I'd be right with them.
    Correct !!

World class manager

"Its so easy to tear down others, so hard to inspire them".

Indeed, so why (as Cress asks in his post below), wasn't it possible for this "World class manager" to cope with and inspire someone who by most accounts is (was) our best defensive player and an inspiration to the team when their backs have been against the wall? Nah, easier is to just get rid.

And maybe having the best Academy in the country (and an U23 team that didn't come third, it came 1st), would be so much more appealing if some of the products of that Academy actually played in the 1st team now and again (instead of being loaned out, or played in the 1st team until an expensive replacement comes along (guess who)).

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Correct !!
    Didn't even need to read who posted to know it was you. Are you two joined the hip (or some other place we shouldn't mention)?

World class manager

Roofe hasn’t gone yet and I hope he doesn’t but a few people in seasons gone by weren’t that fussed about him.

Didn’t want Jansson to go but last season took a few weeks before Bielsa played him and something clearly not right so best he left. Pontus was towards the top of the pay scale so maybe that was a factor too.

We are probably two to three good players light now. CB and upfront and probably midfield.

Nothing we can really do about it so let’s see what the next few weeks brings.

Excited to see Costa and a fully fit Douglas.

Bamford should be fully fit, understands the system and knows the squad so time for him to show why we paid £7.5m for him.

Didn't even need to read who posted to know it was you. Are you two joined the hip (or some other place we shouldn't mention)?
    Trust me when I tell you that you wouldn't insult me to my face.

I can’t think of a single positive post you have made in the last few weeks.

They tend to either be doom and gloom or making personal insults towards fellow posters.

You then bleat when people have a go back.

Your ability over the last few seasons to slag of players at some point and then change tune when we sell them and have a pop at Orta/the owner/anything connected to Leeds is unbelievable.

Priceless.

Really don't understand all of the negativity - we are 7/2 clear favourites with Paddy Power to win the league & as low as 6/4 to get promoted with the nearest rivals ( Fulham at 8/1 ), at this stage last year we were 40/1 to win the league !!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)