+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jansson officially gone

Jansson officially gone

Confirmed on club website.

Really odd move for me, never ever saw him going somewhere like Brentford and for a paltry 5.5m but onwards and upwards lets see what we do with this 5.5m. With the Clarke funds + Ekuban and the few other kids we've sold we are over 14 million in transfer fees now and we've brought in two loans and a few young free agents.

So lets hope the big signings are round the corner.

Huge mistake to not only sell him to a club who will now challenge the top 6 but to add insult to injury let him go for at least half his true value.

Sh1t business regardless of what went off..no wonder Brentford are laughing their b0ll0cks off at us.

........... laughing their socks off ?

Wait for them to see what's under those socks with his personalised light weight training requirements & longer rest periods in between runs of games.
    We got him with a well known chronic knee condition I recall as did Torino from his first club Malmo.This injury created probs around his hips.I understood that it was not only the actual zone around the knee that was the main problem at Leeds but the whole function of the hip, back and front and that it was not fully functional hence far to many games played not fully fit ........

Yes his dabbling on social media was unwise but a decent price,IMO,for a player with average displays more regular than great displays considering the demands expected in today's game and our style no big surprise to many and Brentford says it all.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

Wait for them to see what's under those socks with his personalised light weight training requirements & longer rest periods in between runs of games.
    We got him with a well known chronic knee condition I recall as did Torino from his first club Malmo.This injury created probs around his hips.I understood that it was not only the actual zone around the knee that was the main problem at Leeds but the whole function of the hip, back and front and that it was not fully functional hence far to many games played not fully fit ........

Yes his dabbling on social media was unwise but a decent price,IMO,for a player with average displays more regular than great displays considering the demands expected in today's game and our style no big surprise to many and Brentford says it all.
    MOT
    Actually "laughing their b0ll0cks of off".

And, if Jansson is such a physical liability, what did his almost 100% appearance.recird in 2018/18 say about Bielsas.wilingness.to carry a player because he was more than the.physical presence.of the player? And don't Brentford have staff capable of evaluating the.same.physical issues and yet they seem happy to shell out?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

MOT
    But yet he got in the championship team of the season...hmmmm.

Like I said..Brentford are laughing their b0ll0cks off!

Timing is everthing. MB wanted him gone and other teams knew that.

Does make you wonder if the knees are shot and the rigor of another season, along with International play, was deemed another reason to off load him. Add the other issues mentioned on attitude and it might not be as bad as it looks.

5.5 million is dirt cheap however.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Timing is everthing. MB wanted him gone and other teams knew that.

Does make you wonder if the knees are shot and the rigor of another season, along with International play, was deemed another reason to off load him. Add the other issues mentioned on attitude and it might not be as bad as it looks.

5.5 million is dirt cheap however.
    If he is a crock, no-one would pay anything for him (and remember we turned down an offer of nearly twice that figure not long ago), and don't Brentford have people capable of conducting medical examinations?

Jansson's gone to Brentford!! It needs restating, because it means that no Premiership team were willing to even match the apparently dirt cheap price of 5.5M...so what's really going on, 'cause no one turns down a genuine bargain.
    Only time will tell how much of a bargain Brentford have got, BUT, a 2M profit on a high wage player who Bielsa doesn't want in his squad is what we've got. Its what we do with the 5.5M/25K that matters. Bielsa will have been offered a series of options and the top targets identified, so, sorry WTF 'cause I know this'll send you into meltdown, BUT its 'now all down to you Orta.' We've sold Clarke, Jansson, Ekuban, Wilks, Halme...so how 'creative' can our boy Victor be?

I am hearing he did not buy in to the Bielsa way went Awol a couple of times on trips to his beloved Malmo , had a couple of bust ups with players, personallity clash with the manager, he could have hung around like a bad smell and not gone to Brentford , player power here has not won, our manager has got rid, we now can only hope the money is spent on a decent replacement .

"BUT its 'now all down to you Orta.' We've sold Clarke, Jansson, Ekuban, Wilks, Halme...so how 'creative' can our boy Victor be?"

We're f00ked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)