+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New kit

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Many a good point in there Jules.

It's just that i happen to have some young relations in the Barnsley area who had gone through the long process of saving, finding a house, putting an offer in, only to find The Investment Room had snapped it up with quick finance from banks. Not much later a sign went up saying "To Let" at a rent far higher than the mortgage payment they had planned. Sumdi is making a big and continuing profit for doing little more than borrowing money at low rates from banks and making arrangements with landlords to let these properties at significant rents.

Sticks in my craw but allev to gerrovva it. It's the modern way apparently. A just dunt like to see it promoted on "my" club's shirt.
    Been there ... not nice. I understand the point your making. There’s a lot of private individuals doing just the same.Hope your relatives got sorted.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...stand-sponsor/

Nowt new here
    If I were CK Beckett I would withdraw my South Stand sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The "Investment Room" will be regarded as "smart" business people by some. Am old school and say it azzit is--Rip off Merchants-- and am ashamed they are on our shirts. All abart opinions though.
    Quite why Lee can't put a million quid in to the club and have New City Capital on the shirts for a couple of years is anyone's guess .

Bewildering that his company aren't involved within the sponsorship and advertising space at the club , it's generally something all these type of owners do as soon as old deals run out .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...stand-sponsor/

Nowt new here
    If I were CK Beckett I would withdraw my South Stand sponsorship
    The clubs involvement with this company dates back to the days of the messiah then .

To be honest I've never taken much notice of their involvement , I only found out what kind of company they were as of yesterday .

I know what Pukka Pies are
    I know what CK Beckett do
    I know what Palmer Construction do
    likewise for Hayselden, Wakefield Audi, Burrows Kia etc
    but no doubt like most fans no idea what The Investment Room does, well up until now
    so yes not the most appropriate company & we shouldn't be surprised but would we be more comfortable with New City Capital although it would be out of Chiens' back pocket so to speak

I know what Pukka Pies are
    I know what CK Beckett do
    I know what Palmer Construction do
    likewise for Hayselden, Wakefield Audi, Burrows Kia etc
    but no doubt like most fans no idea what The Investment Room does, well up until now
    so yes not the most appropriate company & we shouldn't be surprised but would we be more comfortable with New City Capital although it would be out of Chiens' back pocket so to speak
    Thing is exile Lee is getting something for his bucks , it's not a loan or a gift , it's a business transaction .

Beats me why he hasn't taken the opportunity to advertise his company .

Another baffling one to add to the why are they here list .

Linton Brown brought them in first in 2014 and they were Academy Sponsor

He’s had a box at the ground for about 10yrs

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Thing is exile Lee is getting something for his bucks , it's not a loan or a gift , it's a business transaction .

Beats me why he hasn't taken the opportunity to advertise his company .

Another baffling one to add to the why are they here list .
    It pays to advertise, so the sponsors must feel that they are getting something for their bucks
    Doesn't seem to apply to Mr Lee, as you say, baffling.
    Must know what he's doing, just doesn't share it with us

It pays to advertise, so the sponsors must feel that they are getting something for their bucks
    Doesn't seem to apply to Mr Lee, as you say, baffling.
    Must know what he's doing, just doesn't share it with us
    Why would he mate? We are just the saps who he expects to pay the Membership fee, the season ticket/match day price, the ifollow subscription, and the £45 for a shirt that cost £10 to make!
    We are in fact nothing to him, it sounds awful but as a successful businessman he won’t bat an eyelid at what we think as to these people supporters come towards the bottom of the profit making table with player sales at the top!

I dont like the naff brick design, theres no point at all in that sort of thing. The sponsors have got their name on the shirt, so what more do they want and why do we have to go further and put the silly extra design on it.
    However, its still NOT as bad as the season 89-90 starry monstrosity for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast