+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're not going down!

We're not going down!

Just one more first teamer to add to the squad and it's job done.

We're not going down!

Attachment 13162

I'm happy too BT!

A creative midfield enforcer and a better option wide right and we are sorted.

If everyone else stays.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I'm happy too BT!

A creative midfield enforcer and a better option wide right and we are sorted.

If everyone else stays.
    I think we will be OKAY now. Defour and Brady may get 5 or 6 games in between them.

Squad to date-
    Keepers Pope , Heaton , Hart.
    FullBacks ,Right- Lowton , Bardsley. Left - Taylor , Pieters.
    Centre Halfs , Tarkowski ,Long , Mee , Gibson.
    Wingers , Right - Gudmundsson , Lennon. Left - McNeil , Brady.
    Centre Mid , Westwood , Cork , Defour , Hendrick.
    Forwards , Barnes , Wood , Rodriguez , Vydra , Wells.

For me as it stands , i'd be starting with -

Heaton
    Lowton Tarkowski Mee Taylor
    Gudmundsson Westwood Defour McNeil
    Barnes J-Rod
    Subs - Pope , Bardsley , Gibson , Cork , Brady , Wood , Vydra

Ideally I would like a Young , quick , energetic number 8 who can make and take chances and a young , quick winger who is comfortable on both feet and can deliver quality into the box.
    But appreaciate these qualitys are hard to find at a sensible price so it would mean either shopping on the continent or taking a chance on a lower league prospect.

Looks like Heaton is off to Villa.

Yes looking that way.
    Would be very disapointed to see him leave as he's been an excellent servant to us and still think as a keeper , he has a few good years left yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post

Ideally I would like a Young , quick , energetic number 8 who can make and take chances and a young , quick winger who is comfortable on both feet and can deliver quality into the box.
    But appreaciate these qualitys are hard to find at a sensible price so it would mean either shopping on the continent or taking a chance on a lower league prospect.
    agree completely - Atilla.....as so far, is uninspiring - and doesn't seem our style of play will improve on what we've already seen....more of the same - bread and butter ordinary rerun imo.....and as the season goes on - can't scent the potential for improvement....but as Dyche has said, many times - it's about the basics - seems we've got another season of it.... .

Practically impossible to keep both Tom and Nick happy unfortunately. Assuming Hart is on his way.

Very tricky decision on which one to make our number one - one of our better problems to have though.

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    For me as it stands , i'd be starting with -

Heaton
    Lowton Tarkowski Mee Taylor
    Gudmundsson Westwood Defour McNeil
    Barnes J-Rod
    Subs - Pope , Bardsley , Gibson , Cork , Brady , Wood , Vydra

Only place I’d worry is central, defour and westy not big enough physically to compete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)