+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The club no one wants to play for.

The club no one wants to play for.

West Brom.
    and why should they? We don't give anyone any reason. It could have been so different with the right leadership.

We have lost the 6 loan players from last season, we have released 4 players and sold 2 with one pending. We have brought one loan player in. In less than 4 weeks the season starts.
    Whoever we bring in (if we do) will have little time to settle in and adapt to the manager's style of play.
    Anybody else uneasy about the coming season?

We are a s h I t show from top to bottom.

The Peace/Lai stitch up has rendered us in the “nonentity/Nomark” category of club.

We’re now a “Coventry”........a meaningless afterthought on the football coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We are a s h I t show from top to bottom.

The Peace/Lai stitch up has rendered us in the “nonentity/Nomark” category of club.

We’re now a “Coventry”........a meaningless afterthought on the football coupon.

Might be worth having a punt on twenty quid for relegation if odds are good! That's not a joke either!

Shambolic club! If we did not get promoted last season because we were not good enough then how does Dowling expect us to challenge this season? Trust him he said - rather trust somebody from ISIS!

Those comments reflect how it is. I honestly would cut anyone a look if they were optimistic about next season.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Might be worth having a punt on twenty quid for relegation if odds are good! That's not a joke either!

Shambolic club! If we did not get promoted last season because we were not good enough then how does Dowling expect us to challenge this season? Trust him he said - rather trust somebody from ISIS!

Tough to back against us but always think you should bet with your head not with your heart and some of the odds on offer are I think generous given what is happening at the moment.

Sky bet still have us 3rd best for automatic promotion which I think is ridiculous so there must be value.

I like 2/1 that we finish in the bottom half as my best bet
    20/1 on offer if you think we will be relegated, but still can’t see that (yet)
    I also like the 4/6 about us finishing outside the top 6. Backed a lot worse at 4/6 than that.
    Interesting one is 15/2 about us being bottom Midlands club (Blues, Stoke, Forest, Derby and us)
    What about 6/4 Forest to finish above us?

Definitely food for thought I think!!! Haven’t yet had a look at other companies to compare but will do tomorrow.

Still can’t see it yet myself but having looked elsewhere the odds for us to be relegated are 25/1 at both Bet365 and Paddy Power. May be of interest to Baggieal. If we lose Hegazi and/or Gibbs will be of interest to me as well!

Just can’t see how now we can get a good start to the season and if we end up in the bottom 6 say after half a dozen games then it is going to be one long old season with this lot above Slaven.

Greetings all
    I mentioned a while ago that we will end going into very bad times and it’s on the cards with the lack of ambition the club has but will still be there supporting us anyway staying up til the early hours of the morning but the novelty of that may wear off.
    Anyway go the Blues against the maroons in the state origin for rugby league

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Tough to back against us but always think you should bet with your head not with your heart and some of the odds on offer are I think generous given what is happening at the moment.

Sky bet still have us 3rd best for automatic promotion which I think is ridiculous so there must be value.

I like 2/1 that we finish in the bottom half as my best bet
    20/1 on offer if you think we will be relegated, but still can’t see that (yet)
    I also like the 4/6 about us finishing outside the top 6. Backed a lot worse at 4/6 than that.
    Interesting one is 15/2 about us being bottom Midlands club (Blues, Stoke, Forest, Derby and us)
    What about 6/4 Forest to finish above us?

Definitely food for thought I think!!! Haven’t yet had a look at other companies to compare but will do tomorrow.
    Its too early to tell, this time last year the doom and gloom merchants were on here saying we would do a 'Sunderland' and were more likely to go down again.

I think we kept Dawson and JRod last season on the premise that if we didn't go up, we would sanction a move to the prem for them. I don't think we have much choice with Rogers or Rondon. The good thing is we will receive about £40m for all of them, I don't expect all of that to be spent, but I do think a fair chunk will be available to Bilic. I heard he was going to get 75% of all player sales, which means we have £30m to spend f that figure is true.

Whatever is available, it needs to be spent very wisely.

It ultimately depends on recruitment. I think we've recruited a good manager. I'll reserve judgment on Dowling until after this transfer window..

Do you remember my rant and bad language last year when we appointed Darren Moore? Albionic found it funny.

Now you see what i saw, and it's not funny at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)