+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Motherwell

He's quite right! We're not even in the middle of July - we shouldn't be playing football now.

How on earth are teams expected to build teams - if they can't experiment with trialists? The SFA and associated bodies have lost the plot, - but then again they lost it years ago.

What's wrong with teams playing trialists in this competition? If they then move on to another club they would only be ineligible for that competition...…...simples!

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I hate this pattern of starting new seasons with a thread bare squad. This trend has been going on for the last few years now.
    It's probably become more of the norm since clubs started giving the majority of their players 6 month or 1 year contracts. Very few managers now seem to be offered long term contracts either so continuity inevitably suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    It's probably become more of the norm since clubs started giving the majority of their players 6 month or 1 year contracts. Very few managers now seem to be offered long term contracts either so continuity inevitably suffers.
    Not so much players not being offered longer contracts as I strongly suspect Agents ensuring that they are on these short term agreements so that it is easier for players to move to higher paying clubs with the agents then also earning considerably more.

Totally agree it's too early to be playing football yet. This cup competition basically takes over from pre match friendlies so it's rediculous it doesn't include trialists!

Way too early to be playing competitive games in the middle of July.

European games I kind of understand but for the SFA not to be able to manage their own fixture schedule to begin in August is poor.

It takes no consideration for clubs on smaller budgets that need to wait longer to top up their squads.

Not that I am surprised!!!

Only seen half an hour here and we have had good moments but we need more players. For example , the bench is extremely light and I'm not so sure all the 11 Queens players are starting material.

Better team won. No big surprise. Work in progress.

When you consider we had two players out in a already thread bare squad I would say we didn't do too bad especially in the first half when we were the better team imo.

Second half different story. All Motherwell.
    Third goal was just a lazy giveaway, bit unjust.

Some promising young players signed who aren't freightened to get stuck in. Keeper looks a lot better as well.

Mercer got slaughtered in the second half.

Despite the defeat, pretty impressed for a opener against SPL opposition.

Was always going to be tough today.

Agree more players are required but for a first showing I was impressed.

Mercer had a full on job today to be fair. Motherwell are very strong in the wide areas.

WELL beaten in the end. Hope we’re not going to try and play the season with such a small squad again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)