Get your very own personalised Doonhamers Chat gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Motherwell

Queens v Motherwell

Major news for all those interested.

The referee for this weekend’s BETFRED Cup game at Palmerston will be Don Robertson and he’ll be assisted by David McGeachie and Alan MacFadyen.

Alan Muir will referee our game against Annan Athletic the following Tuesday.

Sean Carr & Ross McLeod will be his assistants

On holiday and going to miss the Motherwell match. Can’t see us taking anything from the game as we’re still 3 maybe 4 players short. Our midfield needs strengthened urgently IMO. 3 lads in the squad are no where near 1st team action just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    On holiday and going to miss the Motherwell match. Can’t see us taking anything from the game as we’re still 3 maybe 4 players short. Our midfield needs strengthened urgently IMO. 3 lads in the squad are no where near 1st team action just yet.

the most sensible comment iv seen from you scooby blue . miracles do happen lol .

Going into this match with a lack of midfielders is a major concern. We’ve done well so far in recruiting new players but we’ve still work to do. Motherwell will be far too strong for us

I agree. I think the Motherwell game has just come a little early.

Saying that, if the results against Annan and Dumbarton are wins then it should be a shoot out at Morton to progress in the cup.

I think that I will reserve judgement until after having seen the game on Saturday and even then qualify any comments based upon the early start of the season.

Very sensible Spike......and so say all of us.

I hate this pattern of starting new seasons with a thread bare squad. This trend has been going on for the last few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I hate this pattern of starting new seasons with a thread bare squad. This trend has been going on for the last few years now.
    Magic complaining in the national press about trialists not being allowed to play in the Betfred Cup.

He's quite right! We're not even in the middle of July - we shouldn't be playing football now.

How on earth are teams expected to build teams - if they can't experiment with trialists? The SFA and associated bodies have lost the plot, - but then again they lost it years ago.

What's wrong with teams playing trialists in this competition? If they then move on to another club they would only be ineligible for that competition...…...simples!

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    It's probably become more of the norm since clubs started giving the majority of their players 6 month or 1 year contracts. Very few managers now seem to be offered long term contracts either so continuity inevitably suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    It's probably become more of the norm since clubs started giving the majority of their players 6 month or 1 year contracts. Very few managers now seem to be offered long term contracts either so continuity inevitably suffers.
    Not so much players not being offered longer contracts as I strongly suspect Agents ensuring that they are on these short term agreements so that it is easier for players to move to higher paying clubs with the agents then also earning considerably more.

Totally agree it's too early to be playing football yet. This cup competition basically takes over from pre match friendlies so it's rediculous it doesn't include trialists!

Way too early to be playing competitive games in the middle of July.

European games I kind of understand but for the SFA not to be able to manage their own fixture schedule to begin in August is poor.

It takes no consideration for clubs on smaller budgets that need to wait longer to top up their squads.

Not that I am surprised!!!

Only seen half an hour here and we have had good moments but we need more players. For example , the bench is extremely light and I'm not so sure all the 11 Queens players are starting material.

Better team won. No big surprise. Work in progress.

When you consider we had two players out in a already thread bare squad I would say we didn't do too bad especially in the first half when we were the better team imo.

Second half different story. All Motherwell.
    Third goal was just a lazy giveaway, bit unjust.

Some promising young players signed who aren't freightened to get stuck in. Keeper looks a lot better as well.

Mercer got slaughtered in the second half.

Despite the defeat, pretty impressed for a opener against SPL opposition.

Was always going to be tough today.

Agree more players are required but for a first showing I was impressed.

Mercer had a full on job today to be fair. Motherwell are very strong in the wide areas.

WELL beaten in the end. Hope we’re not going to try and play the season with such a small squad again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast