+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Motherwell

Thoughts for today . Goalie only made one mistake when he came out and then stopped. Luckily the linesman flagged offside to prevent a one on one.------- Luckily , Mercer wont be exposed to that quality of winger very often ( or ever ) in the Championship. After getting skinned for about the 6th time , I thought AJ might have swapped Kilday across to right back just to destroy their momentum down the left flank. Indeed , the penalty was maybe soft but was the result of Mercer getting roasted again. Whoever the Well winger was , he was outstanding and a neutral would love to watch a wide man on fire like that.‐-----'The centre halfs looked solid, Brownlie and Kilday and hopefully a sign of things to come ‐--------Holt was a bit rusty, still getting his game together -----Pybus caught the eye straight away. The guy has a fair bit of football ability on first viewing and hope we have indeed got a rough diamond------- Hamilton tried hard but looked way off a starting place for me. --------Dobbs had a couple of outstanding efforts in the first half but he desperately needs help up there. I didnt realise how much we would miss Lyndon Dykes physicality until today but we do . Early days and report card says satisfactory ( in the circumstances) but must do a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Thoughts for today . Goalie only made one mistake when he came out and then stopped. Luckily the linesman flagged offside to prevent a one on one.------- Luckily , Mercer wont be exposed to that quality of winger very often ( or ever ) in the Championship. After getting skinned for about the 6th time , I thought AJ might have swapped Kilday across to right back just to destroy their momentum down the left flank. Indeed , the penalty was maybe soft but was the result of Mercer getting roasted again. Whoever the Well winger was , he was outstanding and a neutral would love to watch a wide man on fire like that.‐-----'The centre halfs looked solid, Brownlie and Kilday and hopefully a sign of things to come ‐--------Holt was a bit rusty, still getting his game together -----Pybus caught the eye straight away. The guy has a fair bit of football ability on first viewing and hope we have indeed got a rough diamond------- Hamilton tried hard but looked way off a starting place for me. --------Dobbs had a couple of outstanding efforts in the first half but he desperately needs help up there. I didnt realise how much we would miss Lyndon Dykes physicality until today but we do . Early days and report card says satisfactory ( in the circumstances) but must do a lot better.
    Totally agree with your post especially from the sentance that starts '' Hamilton tried '' - well gubbed in the second half after a promising first 45 and tbh it could have been 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    How did you see all that detail when you spent most of the first half mugging me off?

Seriously, a first class report on the game. The Motherwell winger Seedorf looked a real class act. Mercer will sleep well tonight.

Agree with all that has already been said in that we looked solid and competed well for the first half being unlucky not to be ahead. The second half we simply capitulated sitting far to deep giving the ball up far too cheaply making it too easy for Motherwell who ran out winners frankly far too easily. As for the bench without Oliver and Semple it was to lightweight.

When the excellent Semple is fit and available then Kilday can give Mercer competition at right full back as he has played there for Morton. The defence should be stronger ( better keeper as well who comes out and grabs the ball ) than last season but that still depends on our midfield being to assist them ie not letting the opponents have a free run at our back line . A work in progress I know but our engine room has to improve a lot and soon.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 13-07-2019 at 09:01 PM.

The second half was terrible, and everyone around me thought the same, again Dobbie was out front on his own that does not work and thought Hamilton did not have a good game, we need good guys in midfield, or its going to be a long hard season

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    The second half was terrible, and everyone around me thought the same, again Dobbie was out front on his own that does not work and thought Hamilton did not have a good game, we need good guys in midfield, or its going to be a long hard season
    We have to hope that Oliver is not out for long . He will be a valuable player for us. A seasoned Championship player who is young but experienced.

Perhaps the players should spend longer training to get fit. Their day is shorter than the other full time teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    The game after half - time reminded me of the tactics Mr Naysmith often used with Dobs isolated up front on his own. I thought the lad Hamilton was going to be a replacement for Dykes but although he worked hard enough stuck out on the right wing is defo not his position. Winger(s) and a midfield playmaker urgently needed before the league campaign begins.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)