+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bold Statement Breaking News

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I still find that hard to believe. If you were too scared to take a corner, surely you'd just not bother becoming a professional footballer. it's a bit like someone who works in an office saying they're not going to write any emails.
    It's not hard to believe, really. The attitude and dull performances from some of the players showed they would sooner have gone shopping with the wife. A professional footballer can run around all through the game and look as if he's trying but really, he isn't. Some of the player's kit wouldn't even need washing. I don't think they were scared either, more like they didn't care if it was a free-kick or a free willy. Win or lose, have a booze.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I still find that hard to believe. If you were too scared to take a corner, surely you'd just not bother becoming a professional footballer. it's a bit like someone who works in an office saying they're not going to write any emails.
    What I took from what was reportedly said was that Hardy was giving instructions as to who should take set pieces and the players ignored it hence why Doyle took them as someone had to

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Rose, OBrien and Doyle in the middle all Ardley signings and will form an extremely strong midfield in this league if it happens.
    No they won’t. It might be non league but you still need a bit of mobility.

O’Brien went from good to bang average. I can’t remember who signed Stubbs but he was ok. Doyle quickly went from very good to terrible. Obviously you’re not going to get decent players flocking to a side near the bottom of league 2 but there must be better youth players about than Gomis, Barclay and Schofield. I’ve no confidence that Ardley will get them in though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    No they won’t. It might be non league but you still need a bit of mobility.

O’Brien went from good to bang average. I can’t remember who signed Stubbs but he was ok. Doyle quickly went from very good to terrible. Obviously you’re not going to get decent players flocking to a side near the bottom of league 2 but there must be better youth players about than Gomis, Barclay and Schofield. I’ve no confidence that Ardley will get them in though.
    O'Brien started to struggle with the lack of mobility in front of him in my opinion. He'd play balls through and the wingers and forwards wasn't reading it or not bothering with it. We struggled most when Rose had to cover right back. Rose did the running, Doyle offered a bit of leadership with O'Brien offering a bit of everything. I'd say that a midfield 3 of O'Brien, Rose and Crawford would be quite a combination with Doyle able to come in and add a bit of experience to proceedings when needed

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Nathan Tyson
    I know we shouldn't be expecting too much but christ, he'd be about as much use as Ben Burgess coming out of retirement, awful player and has been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I know we shouldn't be expecting too much but christ, he'd be about as much use as Ben Burgess coming out of retirement, awful player and has been for years.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I just happened to mention his name as he was spotted on Clifton campus last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    O'Brien started to struggle with the lack of mobility in front of him in my opinion. He'd play balls through and the wingers and forwards wasn't reading it or not bothering with it. We struggled most when Rose had to cover right back. Rose did the running, Doyle offered a bit of leadership with O'Brien offering a bit of everything. I'd say that a midfield 3 of O'Brien, Rose and Crawford would be quite a combination with Doyle able to come in and add a bit of experience to proceedings when needed
    Yeah, most NL teams would love to have Rose, O'Brien and Doyle as midfield options. Crawford too, as he's young and has proven he can cut it at this level.

We desperately need a couple of beasts at the back and a monster up front. Oh and a left back. Get that sorted and we might be OK.

And a keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    And a keeper?
    I'd sign Schofield on a season long loan, despite what others have said , I thought he brought something to the team. We need a strong and mobile defence, so I'm not against young players, but with an older wiser leader amongst the them. Sheahan at left back and two young central defenders anyone?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast