+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonights squad will be interesting

Tonights squad will be interesting

First pre-season match already, players keen to impress, all eyes will be on team sheets - any surprise trialists on show, but likewise any key player omissions ( phillips, roofe spring to mind. Be great to see a couple of talented " hopefuls " but also what effect Jansson has left - York most likely will be direct & in yer face, so defence should be geared up for many a high ball.

Main thing is good workout,no silly stuff & injury free going to OZ.

I'd expect to see a very varied mix of youth with 2/3 experienced players. Even if likes of Phillips and Roofe aren't playing I wouldn't worry as I don't expect likes of say Cooper and Hernandez to be playing anyway.

Definitely expect to see likes of Shackleton, Edmondson, Clarke, Temenuzkhov, Bogusz, Davies etc in the squad. White and Costa as well

Some of the U23s looked promising - Jenkins, Hosannah, Gotts, Struik all looked like they are comfortable and could be first team back ups.

Looked very good for a first outing. I know you cant read too much into these games but in years gone by ive seen us labour to small wins or even losses against teams like Guiseley and Farsley so to see us playing fluid, fast paced football and with a lot of energy was excellent to see it is clear these lads have come back in great shape.

McAlmont looked very good and like the look of some of the youngsters as well was a testament to their quality that when all the changes we made they still dictated the game and deserved a goal or two.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Looked very good for a first outing. I know you cant read too much into these games but in years gone by ive seen us labour to small wins or even losses against teams like Guiseley and Farsley so to see us playing fluid, fast paced football and with a lot of energy was excellent to see it is clear these lads have come back in great shape.

McAlmont looked very good and like the look of some of the youngsters as well was a testament to their quality that when all the changes we made they still dictated the game and deserved a goal or two.
    some of the players looked decent tonight Costa, Kenna, Bogus, Shackmeister, White and Davis

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    some of the players looked decent tonight Costa, Kenna, Bogus, Shackmeister, White and Davis
    Think we could have a proper player in Bogusz. Shackleton looked good though I'm annoyed he was at right back I want to see him play central midfield where he belongs.

Clarke looked pretty poor

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Think we could have a proper player in Bogusz. Shackleton looked good though I'm annoyed he was at right back I want to see him play central midfield where he belongs.

Clarke looked pretty poor
    Agree on Clarke looking at the moment like the Spurs deal was great for us much as I want him to become a super star

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)