+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immigrating

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Remind me of the names of the non EU golfers who have represented Europe in the Ryder Cup ?
    So far I don't believe there have been any, but that's not the point.

As much as I love Scotland and the UK, our weather is beyond ****e. Last year aside (which was a 1 in 40 freak) it’s just awful. I stayed in Dubai for three years and loved it, but even in most of Europe, they get proper seasons. Cold, mild, hot, mild. We can get warmer weather in February than July.

My goal is to buy a house/apartment in Spain to enjoy the weather, the outdoor living and the laid back way of life.

Probably live in northern Spain not as hot as in the south but it's much like!e Scotland with the green mountains and plenty of them .

It's also the real Spain where you have to speak Spanish.

Southern Spain is more like Blackpool or Torquay mostly full of our friends from over the border who don't speak Spanish eat English breakfasts and drink beer with mucho beer bellies.

While trying to ignore your comments about beer bellies, I'll pick you up on the subject of food.

The food here is utter s'hite, and breakfasts, don't get me started on the subject of bacon.
    What used to be one of my favourite foods has now become inedible.
    You really shouldn't have to take bacon out from under the grill to pour the water down the sink and try to rub all that disgusting white gunge off.
    Perhaps the younger posters on here won't remember bacon without white gunge.

Sausages used to be a different matter, you had to be careful but you could find a decent sausage, even in supermarkets.
    The current obsession with gluten free has wrecked that though.
    The butcher in the castlegate is my current favourite option.

Eggs, ha ha not worth the effort of cooking them, having kept hens I know what an egg should taste like.

Most of all, a breakfast should never EVER include beans.

Finally, toast, how anyone can buy a sliced loaf from the supermarket and then actually eat it, toast or otherwise, is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    While trying to ignore your comments about beer bellies, I'll pick you up on the subject of food.

The food here is utter s'hite, and breakfasts, don't get me started on the subject of bacon.
    What used to be one of my favourite foods has now become inedible.
    You really shouldn't have to take bacon out from under the grill to pour the water down the sink and try to rub all that disgusting white gunge off.
    Perhaps the younger posters on here won't remember bacon without white gunge.

Sausages used to be a different matter, you had to be careful but you could find a decent sausage, even in supermarkets.
    The current obsession with gluten free has wrecked that though.
    The butcher in the castlegate is my current favourite option.

Eggs, ha ha not worth the effort of cooking them, having kept hens I know what an egg should taste like.

Most of all, a breakfast should never EVER include beans.

Finally, toast, how anyone can buy a sliced loaf from the supermarket and then actually eat it, toast or otherwise, is beyond me.
    I would bide in Budapest DD braw city the thermal baths are magic. hardly saw a stechy auld git they all looked fit as **** as the climate is not a damp dank one plus they can get a prescription from the Doktor to use the thermal baths everyday. Other than Mrs Kranky's crackpot policies and the weather and the crap transport system I'd bide here but I'd hae tae say either Spain or Budapest fir me.

Once Boris gets in the queue will get bigger...

As fir beans for breakfast try this ain.

Chips and carrots..............Roll Mops anybody??

That's me been back almost 2 weeks now and I'm twitching already.
    Stuck here until the schools go back though.

I pass that Faulk Miksa utca Columbo statue on a regular basis and think it's about time we met up for a pint or two in Budapest,you do realise that if we ever meet and you don't look like Columbo then it's going to be a disapointment.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 13-07-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Aarau in Switzerland if I had to. If I couldn't get in there Deventer in Holland

I would never leave Scotland any time soon though

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Would you immigrate to another country if you had a chance to, also what would your reasons be i.e better weather, work, family, etc? And what country or city would be your favourite place to live.

Asking for a friend.
    I would suggest your “friend” took some time out to spend time/money across the globe which in reality is not exactly expensive/difficult to do in all honesty considering what you can spend in ABZ at times “if” considering immigrating to make the correct decision, personally I would suggest letting is the best method initially.

SF

If you do emigrate, do try to remember that as an exile from over here in the UK of GB and NI, you are an ‘ex-pat’, not an ‘immigrant’ as ‘immigrants’ are those distasteful brown people and Romanians who on entering the UK of HV and NI, simultaneously connive both to steal our jobs and be lazy layabouts living off welfare benefits.

That’s what it said on the billboard and election leaflets.

I emigrated from the St Tropez of the North East to the Highlands in 1992.
    Never looked back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast