+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Captain Announced!

New Captain Announced!

Super Joe Lewis

Oh how they laughed when I mentioned on this very forum at the end of last year that Lewis would replace Shinnie as captain. If I do recall correctly all the 'experts' were saying Devlin was shoo-in

Slightly surprised as always get the feeling an outfield player is preferred.
    But it was always going to be Bryson or Lewis when McKenna was over looked in pre-season.

No complaints though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Slightly surprised as always get the feeling an outfield player is preferred.
    But it was always going to be Bryson or Lewis when McKenna was over looked in pre-season.

No complaints though.
    Ah but remember the great Paraguayan goalie captain Chilavert or the Soviet goalie skippers Lev Yashin and Rinat Dasayev. A goalkeeping captain can be formidable and will put a few extra quid on Joe's value...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Oh how they laughed when I mentioned on this very forum at the end of last year that Lewis would replace Shinnie as captain. If I do recall correctly all the 'experts' were saying Devlin was shoo-in
    I said before he should have been captain as well. Reliable and experienced. Brilliant keeper.

A captains job is more than just on the field, as long as we have strong enough characters in defence and midfield then I don't see any real problems in the captain being a goalkeeper.

Look forward to seeing him lifting many trophies.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 10-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Ah but remember the great Paraguayan goalie captain Chilavert or the Soviet goalie skippers Lev Yashin and Rinat Dasayev. A goalkeeping captain can be formidable and will put a few extra quid on Joe's value...
    Iker Casillas was captain of Real Madrid & Span too, was he not?
    Dino Zoff - Juve & Italy?
    Buffon - Juve & Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    A captains job is more than just on the field, as long as we have strong enough characters in defence and midfield then I don't see any real problems in the captain being a goalkeeper.

Look forward to seeing him lifting many stories.
    correct - the likes of McKenna, Bryson & Ferguson can be "captains" further up the pitch.
    To use a horrible cliché, "leaders"

If you watch him in games he is one of the most vocal on it.

Dino Zoff was another fantastic captain. Buffon aswell. Keepers can work. They see the whole game. The only worry is will he take his eye off his game. We can only wait to find out.

Congratulations Joe. Im happy with the appointment
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 10-07-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Super Joe Lewis
    Very sensible decision, can communicate, see the game well and will not pick up the amount of yellows Shinniesta did, mind you, with our officials you genuinely don’t know.

SF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast