+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newcastle sniffing round the Piggies boss.

Are Newcastle in the middle of getting new owners? Didn't Ashley allow Benitez to leave because his contract had come to an end, and according to Ashley the new owners wanted someone else to manage the club, so Ashley didn't offer Benitez a new contract?
    This is my understanding of why Newcastle let Benitez go so on that footing, why would anyone who is already in a job, especially Bruce who has only just taken control at swillsbro, take that job when surely it could only be on an interim basis?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    They've won just the League cup in the last 85 years or so.
    For a team in England's fifth biggest city that is pathetic .

It puts their delusional behavior into context.
    When you think about it Bristol is the same size (approx) and theyve won nowt,then you get newcastle,sunderland,sheff u,birmingham and quite a few other "big " clubs who have done nowt for yonks and you start to realise how much silverware has been amassed by a few teams.-and I think the numbers will get even smaller.In a few years will we be supporting Manchester/liverpool franchise v Madrid/barcelona or even Rotherham/parkgate(gets my vote)

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Having the surname Bruce is quite fitting considering the traitorous acts of Robert the Bruce.

Bizarrely though they put statues up of him in Scotland
    They put up statues of Mel Gibson in Scotland:

Bet Corbyn would like one of those.
    Last edited by great_fire; 12-07-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They put up statues of Mel Gibson in Scotland:

Bet Corbyn would like one of those.
    Is that Nicola Sturgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    When you think about it Bristol is the same size (approx) and theyve won nowt,then you get newcastle,sunderland,sheff u,birmingham and quite a few other "big " clubs who have done nowt for yonks and you start to realise how much silverware has been amassed by a few teams.-and I think the numbers will get even smaller.In a few years will we be supporting Manchester/liverpool franchise v Madrid/barcelona or even Rotherham/parkgate(gets my vote)
    Yes Bristol is the other enigma but I don't think it justifies either of the Sheffield clubs woeful record.

There are teams like Pompey and Wigan who have won the FACup recently.

Of course Forest's trophy cabinet is something neither of the Sheffield clubs will ever match ....and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes Bristol is the other enigma but I don't think it justifies either of the Sheffield clubs woeful record.

There are teams like Pompey and Wigan who have won the FACup recently.

Of course Forest's trophy cabinet is something neither of the Sheffield clubs will ever match ....and they know it.
    and neither will forest(again)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234