+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aston villa

Villa about to go through the 100 million mark on their spending, unbelievable seeing as last season they nearly went bust, shows the gulf difference between the premiership and championship, not being negative but if they come back down surely their wage bill will be horrendous, do they get their sky money straight away or are they borrowing on the hopeful future revenue.

They will be guaranteed this seasons PL tv rights payoff, hence able to borrow to finance their purchases to date (plus the monies made available via the ground sale/buy-back). Not hard to understand, but boy does it depend on staying up!

We have spent 65 million but as ive explained earlier, we have just sold the ground to our owners consortium for 60 million, so i think my shopping bill says 5 million out of pocket, peanuts to these guys who own us. Sawres has a personal wealth of 8 billion, his family are the richest in Egypt said to be worth 85 Billion, Wes Edens is said to be worth 4 billion so, i dont see us worrying about money, oh back to the shopping list, we are about to offload, Hogan,Landsbury and Bree probably go back to Bruce at Newcastle. 10 million the lot, that will put us up 5 million, oh and I forgot, our new sponsorship deal over 3 years is worth 25 million. So you see, when you put all this together, we havnt even spent any of SKYs money....yet.
    Its not bragging, no we aint that stupid as we could end being relegated but with the Sky money on top, we could strenthen next term, piss the league, go up, come down, you see what im saying?
    Guys, with smart wealthy owners you can do the same, you just got to get that promotion and i actually mean it, im rooting for you and believe you will get promoted, then we can give you guys a good tonking lol
    Ps yes last seasom, infact this time last year under Tony Xia ownership, we almost webt bust, we could not afford to pay staff nor the tax man so im counting my blessings and taking nothing for granted.
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 15-07-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Thing is, at one point I thought we had a smart and wealthy owner, now after selling janssen and possibly lose Phillips/roofe/klich and being told we need to sell constantly to keep within ffp I'm not sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)