+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good luck in your new job Big Dave

Good luck in your new job Big Dave

I can't see him doing any good tbh. The man isn't manager material. Absolutely no idea of the game.
    Basil Brush would do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by wba1955 View Post
    i can't see him doing any good tbh. The man isn't manager material. Absolutely no idea of the game.
    Basil brush would do a better job.
    pmsl 😆

The very best to you Dave.....I shall be keeping an eye on the Rovers now...

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I can't see him doing any good tbh. The man isn't manager material. Absolutely no idea of the game.
    If Basil Brush could say Boing Boing instead of Boom Boom we would have employed him years ago...

I think thats still awfully harsh on big Daz there '55.
    He was a total professional as a player with us (and I think Ive said that about 46 times on here now lol) and thats why I rate the bloke. However, I understand what your saying about he became clueless and blew what could have been certain automatic promotion, because he was extremely naive in his first real job in management etc.
    I still think its a very good and bold appointment by the Donny pikies though, Im really interested to see how he and they do this new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think thats still awfully harsh on big Daz there '55.
    He was a total professional as a player with us (and I think Ive said that about 46 times on here now lol) and thats why I rate the bloke. However, I understand what your saying about he became clueless and blew what could have been certain automatic promotion, because he was extremely naive in his first real job in management etc.
    I still think its a very good and bold appointment by the Donny pikies though, Im really interested to see how he and they do this new season.
    Not harsh, but honest.
    The bloke was great for us as a player, and he will always be revered for that.
    But as a manager he was useless.
    A complete novice. What he should have said when offered the job is,"look, i have never managed before, this s a great club and one i am proud to be associated with, but you need someone with more experience."
    But i think he got caught up in the adulation.
    Most clubs stage a mini revival when they take on a new manager and they have nothing to lose. This is why we employed Pardew, but this time it didn't work.
    A manager should be able to bring life to press conferences and interviews, to look enthusiastic and passionate about the job he has been given, to show wit and charisma in front of tv cameras and most of all on the touchllne. But more than all that to have a basic understanding of the game.
    We played Brighton in the cup and he decided at 0-0 to take off the centre forward and replace him with a centre half. Fair play though, twenty minutes later he realised his mistake and replaced the centre half with another centre half. Then he used all his subs before extra time.
    Is that the thoughts of a logical man let alone a manager?
    The bloke is a nincompoop.

.. A manager should be able to bring life to press conferences and interviews, to look enthusiastic and passionate about the job he has been given, to show wit and charisma in front of tv cameras and most of all on the touchllne. But more than all that to have a basic understanding of the game. We played Brighton in the cup and he decided at 0-0 to take off the centre forward and replace him with a centre half. Fair play though, twenty minutes later he realised his mistake and replaced the centre half with another centre half. Then he used all his subs before extra time.
    Is that the thoughts of a logical man let alone a manager?
    The bloke is a nincompoop.
    Aww this brings about allsorts of coments & replies here for me '55 mate (and thanks for replying to my comments btw).
    We've also had that before where a manager just doesnt give a sho*ite about press conferences, and this gives a bad reputation doesn't it to us as a club and as fans.

So sorry Doncaster it could get worse if he brings in Shan God help you

Moore will need a translator to understand that Donny lot 😆

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)