+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Another world cup

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Are you excited yet Adi? Brilliant fielding from Buttler.
    Still worried about Starc and Lyon with the ball though.
    Starc and Lyon, so far 12 overs 1 for 100....

Yep that review was as daft by Bairstow as the decision to give Roy out.

Never mind...nice to see them handle Starc and Lyon...both cheap compared with Smith!

Good psychology before the Ashes...would you pick Roy for the serious red ball stuff?

Yes, but as much to do with lack of any other alternative. He's a bit loose for me, but may come off. Jennings has had enough chances and rarely gets past 20. Burns may just about hold on to place. I'd start Ashes with:

Roy, Burns, Bairstow, Root, Stokes Buttler, Ali, Woakes, Archer, Rashid or Wood depends on pitch, Anderson.

Excellent performance, fantastic batting from the openers again

One win, one loss in major sports semifinals in the last 12 months. Bring on the rugby World cup

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yes, but as much to do with lack of any other alternative. He's a bit loose for me, but may come off. Jennings has had enough chances and rarely gets past 20. Burns may just about hold on to place. I'd start Ashes with:

Roy, Burns, Bairstow, Root, Stokes Buttler, Ali, Woakes, Archer, Rashid or Wood depends on pitch, Anderson.
    I agree with that line up. End of Broad then?

Who opens on Sunday if Bairstow’s groin isn’t up to it? Big loss but I’d be tempted to move Buttler up and bring in Ali or Curran...again depending on the conditions.

Curran = 6 seamers to bowl 40 overs? Not for me. Ali as opener, bit flaky. Buttler to open and Vince at 4 for me

Makes you feel proud to be English! How it would be to be World cup winners

Don't you mean "proud to be European" MOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Makes you feel proud to be English! How it would be to be World cup winners
    Indeed it does MoP. Always felt proud of success associated with our national sides.
    Shouldn’t forget the contributions of an Irishman, a South African, a West Indian and a New Zealander today though.
    Suppose that’s multiculturalism for you.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-07-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)