+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Another world cup

Jim Brudenell would turn over in his grave to think he had caused such a furore over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Jim Brudenell would turn over in his grave to think he had caused such a furore over nothing.
    Arf!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...funny guy aren’t you...should take up script writhing! Well maybe not...the hysterical ‘cardigan’ joke has become a little over used now wouldn’t you agree and don’t you ever tire of wrecking threads with your half witted personal attacks?

Astonished that you ‘pictured’ me, however inaccurately, it never occurred to me to give you a thought and my response was to GP’s post, not yours. I’ve long since chosen to ignore your outpourings of confrontational bollux...now toddle off and take your nasty little attitude somewhere else while I get back to ignoring you. Where’s that button, Andy?
    Thought you were ignoring me?
    Maybe you should google ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    “Captained by an immigrant, batting led by an immigrant, fastest bowler an immigrant, leading all-rounder an immigrant, main spinner son of an immigrant.”
    You sound like Sadiq Khan who was also desperate to hijack the teams success as a triumph for immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You sound like Sadiq Khan who was also desperate to hijack the teams success as a triumph for immigration.
    It is a fair point though, Andy. We hear a lot these days from those who repeatedly seek to point out the negatives of immigration and multiculturalism. I know there are issues, but this World Champions England side is a good advert for what can be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    There are rules regarding which national side players qualify to play for. All XI of the lads qualify to represent the England XI and, in that context, they are English players.

Pedants rule OK!
    Wrong again, didn't say I thought they weren't English, just that in some cases it suits people who moan about the negative impact of immigration to "forget" this in certain circumstances!

As for the rules regarding when a player qualifies to play for the national side in sport, its become a bit of a nonsense, ever since Zola Budd conveniently become British because South Africa were banned from sport, the rules have been amended and changed to enable the better players to be picked, ask Samoa about what they think of NZ poaching their Rugby players!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well that probably illustrates how your prejudices affect your interpretation of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Thought you were ignoring me?
    Maybe you should google ignore.
    I think his post explained the question you have just asked!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well that probably illustrates how your prejudices affect your interpretation of the world!
    I’ll tell that to the two lads opposite me, who treat me as their dad and have Angolan, Indian and Jamaican parents and who pretty much share my view.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It is a fair point though, Andy. We hear a lot these days from those who repeatedly seek to point out the negatives of immigration and multiculturalism. I know there are issues, but this World Champions England side is a good advert for what can be achieved.
    Its a fair point if, in Khan's case, he followed up by conceding that the geographical makeup of the England team is no credit to him, but the 90% of London knife crime perps who are of recent immigrant descent probably are. One of my 'lads' (mentioned in a response to Swale above) is a recent 'escapee' (his word) from London and his mum believes Khan is utterly in denial about such things.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 15-07-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)