+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threat to parking near Dens or tannadice

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think that parking on the pavement is difficult to control. You see it all over the place and, as you say, not every offender is booked. Perhaps a traffic warden might be able to explain the problem.
    Until June this year there was no law in Scotland against parking on a pavement. There also isn't one on the streets around Dens except where there are double yellow lines, plus they throw the cones around now too.

Maybe the council boy could work on arranging better public transportation links, or help get planning permission through for the mighty to move to an area where less people live :-)

I think that parking on the pavement is difficult to control. You see it all over the place and, as you say, not every offender is booked. Perhaps a traffic warden might be able to explain the problem.
    I'm astonished that anybody can find a space on a pavement considering the amount of wheelie bins these gadgies leave lying a boot.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Parking restrictions are out in place where it is deemed a hazard to park, why then does the so called hazard disappear just because a car has a blue badge on the dash board
    Ooooft the most abused system in the history of systems.

Have you seen the disabled bays in the Woodside area? **** me more disabled their than Lourdes, it's ****ing incredible.

Mary wants to put an appearance there, plenty ****ing work, mind you she might have to get the ****ing bus as she might not get a parking space.

When Dens park was built, it was on rural/farmland, there was no houses around Dens.
    It was the cooncil that built the hooses round Dens, they caused the problem.
    I told that to a councillor, he went off in the huff !

Correct Deecom I lived on the corner of Moncur Crescent and looked right into Dens
    When I got offered the house it was my decision wether to take it or not. I knew all
    about the parking issues so it was my decision wether to live there or not. No point
    Of moving there then complaining about the parking. Dens was there long before any
    houses. I just worked around it when I wanted to park. Stupid ****ing councillor.

Is access for the fire brigade the reason for trying to stop people parking in certain areas?

The restrictions the councillor wants in place is
    Only going to apply on match days. He says Dundee
    And the Dabs are in agreement with it. Of course they
    will doesn’t effect them so they won’t be giving a f u ck
    Also says 98% agreement from residents. Well I’ll tell
    You this if he came near my door he would be told to get
    To f uck. I have relatives that visit me in there cars at all times

Have just read the proposal. Are the residents paying for the system? What happens if family members want to visit nd travel by car. Saturday's and Sunday's can be football days but they are often family visit days too.

The councillor who thought up the stupid idea is
    Hoping it is free. Yes Saturday and Sunday are days when
    Family visit. Painting lines and registering your car never
    Heard o so much ****e. Should be kicked off the council
    For coming up with stupid ideas like this. Embarrassing

Is access for the fire brigade the reason for trying to stop people parking in certain areas?
    You could apply that argument to just about any street now ,streets designed over a century ago ,throw in some homes having 2/3 cars which are getting bigger at every new model and fire appliances that need to carry more kit so they are getting bigger also ,parking over a hydrant is an issue but wouldn't apply to every vehicle.

Strawberry Bank at the top of the Perth road...!!! Nae danger are you getting a Rescue pump/ aerial down there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)