+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEP - Hardy storms out of meeting

NEP - Hardy storms out of meeting

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...meadow-3081093

Quote Originally Posted by NEP
    Embattled Notts County owner Alan Hardy stormed out of a staff meeting today, as tensions over the club’s financial crisis reached boiling point.

Nottinghamshire Live has been told the Magpies chairman this afternoon met with anxious employees, who are yet to receive their June salaries.

But no assurances were given about when they can expect their wages which has angered the players, who were informed by Hardy earlier in the week that he hoped to pay them on Wednesday or today.

After realising no money had been deposited into their accounts, several senior players are understood to have vented their frustrations in a heated discussion with Hardy who then stormed out of the room.

The squad is understood to have become increasingly tired of being told when they will be paid, only for no money to be forthcoming.

There are now fears a dressing room revolt could take place, while rank and file staff at Meadow Lane are also said to be close to breaking point.

It has also since emerged that, during a meeting with the players last week, one player is understood to have interrupted Hardy when he began talking about how much money he has lost since buying the Magpies in January 2017.

The news comes just 24 hours after the club avoided being wound-up in the High Court for the third time, after Judge Clive Jones gave them until July 31 to complete a sale of the club to a Danish consortium.

Barrister Hilary Stonefrost told the court the prospective new owners had passed the Football Association’s fit and proper person test, with a sale purchase agreement drafted up.

It is believed a meeting with the National League and brothers Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz, who own the betting statistics firm Football Radar, was also scheduled for today.
    I'd love to know who that player was, he should be made captain if he's not already

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...meadow-3081093

I'd love to know who that player was, he should be made captain if he's not already
    Got to have been Doyle!?

It has also since emerged that, during a meeting with the players last week, one player is understood to have interrupted Hardy when he began talking about how much money he has lost since buying the Magpies in January 2017.

I'm sure they're not interested in his sob story. One or two might buy into on here, but he's brought this all on himself with his arrogance.

Hardy really is finding new and unique ways to further screw the club up, isn't he.

Hardy is an embarrassment to the club, to himself and to humanity in general.

Bangs on about "losing money" –*same result I know, but at the end of the day he hasn't lost it he's spent it, badly.

Telling a room of blokes who will never earn any millions that you've lost some of yours is never likely to get you much sympathy but the guy is clueless. It's like telling a homeless bloke how annoying it is when you have a power cut that lasts a few hours.

I'd love to know what goes through his head sometimes. Has it occurred to him at any point that people might be a little more sympathetic if he stopped making promises he can't keep?

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    I'd love to know what goes through his head sometimes. Has it occurred to him at any point that people might be a little more sympathetic if he stopped making promises he can't keep?
    Simplz. "it's all about me, it's all about me".

Contrite sorry face doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Everyone (well except the judge) has seen through him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    Got to have been Doyle!?
    Exactly what I thought!

You can just imagine the conversation re the interruption...

Hardy: 'You think you're bad off waiting for a month's wages - I've lost millions'.

Cue someone telling him that they don't give a fcuk how much he has lost, they've got a mortgage to pay.

There is something quite strange about Hardy's total lack of self-awareness...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast