So sick and tired of a number of our supporters, and a huge number of other fans saying that Villa are going to do a Fulham and spunk all their money and get relegated.

Relegated, and avoiding it, is the number 1 task for next year. But there are reasons we aren't the "new Fulham"

I've linked an article from the guardian and also want to add my thoughts...

All the transfer fees are hyper inflated this year. That comes from the silly money banded about by the top clubs in Europe. 100m for a goalkeeper, 140m for a Coutinho, 90m for a sulking French ****er! So, the article states that 20m is the equivalent of 8m 2 years ago.

What it also doesn't say is that the likes of Huddersfield in the first season in the prem outdid themselves incredibly! I think they spent 10m on Aaron Mooy and that was it. And while they relied on the team that got up thru the playoffs, with a lack of investment they went down with a wimper the year after.

Also, Fulham and their pokey little ground, and their status as the 6th team of the City, is not Aston Villa!

The first thing every new signing says is along the lines of "this is a massive club, with a massive history and state of the art facilities."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tn_fb&sfns=xmo