+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dowling - Your A T wat!

Dowling - Your A T wat!

So the friendly in Benidorm on Saturday has been moved due to a reggae concert and West Brom advised admission was free and still advised admission was free whilst searching for a new venue.

Dowling now profusely apologizes that there is now an admission fee and its outside the clubs control. Its the principle at stake - only 5 Euros so approx 400 Albion will be there so that's 2000 Euros. Our club should be ashamed as why could Dowling not send this new ground the pittance of around 2000 Euros? The knob has offered to give all supporters a £5 gift voucher in the club shop where the mark up is staggering. W ankers!

Last year we had two poor managers - DM and a Rookie but a decent squad. This year we have a decent manager and a decimated squad. Should somebody send Dowling a picture as clearly he does not get it!!!!

Truth probably is - Darren Moore is on no lesser money than he was at West Brom at Doncaster as two cheap options ( DM and the Rookie ) cost us big time.

Slav is like a good builder with s hit tools! The only tools are Lai, Jenkins and Dowling who can go f uck themselves!
    Last edited by baggieal; 11-07-2019 at 04:47 PM.

If you're stuck for five euros I can help you out.

My name is Abeo Yowgimmedamani and I am a Nigerian Prince.

Give me your bank details I will transfer the funds to your account, now.

Good day and may your God be with you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by albionic68 View Post
    if you're stuck for five euros i can help you out.

My name is abeo yowgimmedamani and i am a nigerian prince.

Give me your bank details i will transfer the funds to your account, now.

Good day and may your god be with you my friend.
    ffs 😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    If you're stuck for five euros I can help you out.

My name is Abeo Yowgimmedamani and I am a Nigerian Prince.

Give me your bank details I will transfer the funds to your account, now.

Good day and may your God be with you my friend.

Fortunately, not stuck 68 as off to sunny faraway shores next week. It's the principle mate, and if anyone is stuck, it's our beloved football club.

Principle again - will I bother to travel home and away almost every match this coming season like the last season? When Lai is asset stripping the club, again it could be principle that stops me putting my cash in this filthy little yellow mans pocket.

To watch a local non league match or our star strikers HRK or Burke? Could be local non league which is more of a community feel unless things change.

When we weren't good enough for promotion last year - why would we be this year with all those who have departed?

When Slav finds it tough going lets hope for once - just foookin once - West Brom fans wake up and demand that Lai, Jenkins and Dowling go f uck themselves. Will that happen - not a chance!!!! Nobody ever points the finger at the Board or Ownership apart from the few who really know what's happening to our once fantastic club!

Can’t agree with your last comment Baggieal.

Many of us on here totally lay the blame upon the Board, the owner and the recruitment team. These are now in this modern money football world the most critical aspect of any club, be they top 6 in the PL or struggling towards the bottom of League 2. Unfortunately for us this is where we have become increasingly poor and I don’t know where the light is at the end of the tunnel.

The only encouraging sign that I have seen has been the appointment of Slaven Bilic but to be honest I can’t see him sticking around that long unless everything above him changes and I for one wouldn’t blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    So the friendly in Benidorm on Saturday has been moved due to a reggae concert and West Brom advised admission was free and still advised admission was free whilst searching for a new venue.

Dowling now profusely apologizes that there is now an admission fee and its outside the clubs control. Its the principle at stake - only 5 Euros so approx 400 Albion will be there so that's 2000 Euros. Our club should be ashamed as why could Dowling not send this new ground the pittance of around 2000 Euros? The knob has offered to give all supporters a £5 gift voucher in the club shop where the mark up is staggering. W ankers!

Last year we had two poor managers - DM and a Rookie but a decent squad. This year we have a decent manager and a decimated squad. Should somebody send Dowling a picture as clearly he does not get it!!!!

Truth probably is - Darren Moore is on no lesser money than he was at West Brom at Doncaster as two cheap options ( DM and the Rookie ) cost us big time.

Slav is like a good builder with s hit tools! The only tools are Lai, Jenkins and Dowling who can go f uck themselves!
    Albion have apologised, saying that it behind their control. They have offered a good will gesture said if you keep your ticket you exchange it for a £5 voucher. Albion went to great lengths to keep the match. Don't see what more they could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Albion have apologised, saying that it behind their control. They have offered a good will gesture said if you keep your ticket you exchange it for a £5 voucher. Albion went to great lengths to keep the match. Don't see what more they could have done.
    Club could have said to the venue to invoice the club for the Albion fans. They know there will be about 400 so that’s around 2000 euros. Peanuts you may say for the supporters but if peanuts then what is 2000 euros to Lai - 1 minutes work?

In terms of many supporters blaming the Board/Ownership - I don’t agree Yarm. How many stood up with the shocking appointment of Shan ( no disrespect to him ) but if you sack a manager then have someone better lined up!!!

In terms of DM - I bet he took the job at West Brom as first managerial role and the club he loved - quite simply he was the cheap cheap option! I bet he’s not taken a pay drop at Doncaster!!!

So with all the player departures and no arrivals - where’s the discontent aimed at the Board? Pity I could not go to Benidorm as almost did - I would have taken a huge anti Lai and Board banner! Hope we start seeing an uprising as Lai is simply wrecking our club and asset stripping!! Trust me said Dowling - I would rather trust ISIS!

Perhaps HRK and Burke will score all those goals from Gayle, Jay Rod and Barnes!!!
    Last edited by baggieal; 11-07-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Below is the post I put on here several months ago. Admittedly it is not an irate posting because I do not do irate! However I have always been clear that I fully blame the people above the Manager/coach and have held this belief for sometime.

Original post

I still wonder if it is this whole thing around head coach as against Manager. The likes of Shan and Moore fit the head coach model because they aren’t really experienced enough to be trusted with decisions regarding who we buy and who we sell. This gives the power to the likes of Dowling and Jenkins and the others representing Mr Lai.

The Managers for want of a better word, the likes of Hughton, Pulis, Pardew, Pearson, Jankovic, Bilic et al want a big say in the transfers both ways. At the moment in my view the squad needs a big overhaul and who is best placed to do that, Dowling, Jenkins and the money men or a senior Manager, with the final say with the Jenkins.

As I have no confidence in the powers that be in the club I would rather we brought in someone experienced who could do the squad overhaul rather than go with a head coach. The problem is the Manager type will cost more and there we have the problem. The head coach is cheaper option and still keeps complete control in the hands of the likes of Dowling and Jenkins.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Club could have said to the venue to invoice the club for the Albion fans. They know there will be about 400 so that’s around 2000 euros. Peanuts you may say for the supporters but if peanuts then what is 2000 euros to Lai - 1 minutes work?

In terms of many supporters blaming the Board/Ownership - I don’t agree Yarm. How many stood up with the shocking appointment of Shan ( no disrespect to him ) but if you sack a manager then have someone better lined up!!!

In terms of DM - I bet he took the job at West Brom as first managerial role and the club he loved - quite simply he was the cheap cheap option! I bet he’s not taken a pay drop at Doncaster!!!

So with all the player departures and no arrivals - where’s the discontent aimed at the Board? Pity I could not go to Benidorm as almost did - I would have taken a huge anti Lai and Board banner! Hope we start seeing an uprising as Lai is simply wrecking our club and asset stripping!! Trust me said Dowling - I would rather trust ISIS!

Perhaps HRK and Burke will score all those goals from Gayle, Jay Rod and Barnes!!!
    I totally agree with your comments Al concerning the board and our recruitment team. Jenkins is here to cut and manage cost as his top priority based on what I hear from someone who works there. IMO I think the vast majority on here haven't been happy with the Lai regime and the overall level of incompetent decision making we've endured.

My take on Shan was that he didn't ask for the job and couldn't really refuse it when offered. I think that given his previous experience which was non-existent at that level, he did a good job. Was he the right choice? No but I don't blame him and feel it's a shame the clubs lost a decent youth coach. The reason I wasn't jumping up and down to get Shan out was that I couldn't see any decent option joining us in a full time capacity whilst our promotion status and next years budget were up in the air. I'm amazed we've got Bilic but can't see him sticking around if he isn't given the tools he was presumably promised as it does look as if our recruitment will be light given the outgoings we've already seen. Can't see Gibbs either staying but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I totally agree with your comments Al concerning the board and our recruitment team. Jenkins is here to cut and manage cost as his top priority based on what I hear from someone who works there. IMO I think the vast majority on here haven't been happy with the Lai regime and the overall level of incompetent decision making we've endured.

My take on Shan was that he didn't ask for the job and couldn't really refuse it when offered. I think that given his previous experience which was non-existent at that level, he did a good job. Was he the right choice? No but I don't blame him and feel it's a shame the clubs lost a decent youth coach. The reason I wasn't jumping up and down to get Shan out was that I couldn't see any decent option joining us in a full time capacity whilst our promotion status and next years budget were up in the air. I'm amazed we've got Bilic but can't see him sticking around if he isn't given the tools he was presumably promised as it does look as if our recruitment will be light given the outgoings we've already seen. Can't see Gibbs either staying but time will tell.

Totally agree Stripes! Bilic must be kicking himself with Newcastle job up for grabs as for sure Newcastle supporters would have wanted him over Bruce.

Don’t get why Bilic came to West Brom to be honest! Best chance of going up was last season and we blew it with two bad managerial appointments based on the cheap option.

So with have a better more experienced manager this season but no decent players. You could not make it up for f uck sake.

Lai out!! Then again he will bleed the club dry before this happens as he’s got zero passion!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)