+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Actually Going To Sign Anybody else.?

Praise indeed Alf!

EVERYONE knows how good my politics are

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Average gate 20,000.
    Total town population 70,000, (50% are not interested in football, only cricket.)
    19,980 moaning fans.
    Would you buy it?
    The Only gripe some of us have BT, is the Boards lack of ambition.
    Nobody is asking, to Bankrupt the club,...Just maybe a calculated gamble once in a while., Who knows the Average Gate may increase.

See Heaton never got a run out, in our 1.0 win over Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    See Heaton never got a run out, in our 1.0 win over Fulham
    Neither did Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Neither did Taylor.
    Taylor had a slight niggle I think, But no mention of Heaton,....Pope played first 45 minutes, Hart the last 45.

Looks like a deal could be close, But Leeds now seem interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Average gate 51,000+
    Total city population 310,000+ (all fanatics who know nowt about the game)
    51,000 moaning fans (who actually go) plus 200,000+ who just dont bother showing up
    Who would buy it? Nobody it would seem, much to the fans disgust.
    Sub,..Why not go and support Newcastle?
    Because everything seems to be linked in one way or another..with Newcastle in your Reply?? or Samaritans ?

We Don!t give a Feck For Newcastle,...Or Any other Team.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Sub,..Why not go and support Newcastle?
    Because everything seems to be linked in one way or another..with Newcastle in your Reply?? or Samaritans ?

We Don!t give a Feck For Newcastle,...Or Any other Team.
    So you do not like comparison and yet you think that we should be better than this team and that team ad nauseam ---but always in a negative way because it is just an excuse to criticise the board, hence the comparison with Newcastle whose fans do exactly the same.
    You do not have to read what I post you can be like alto and tell me I am a pain in the arse etc., etc., however, it will not make one bit of difference because I am immune to it all and always happy with whatever life throws at me.

I shall not adhere to your advice and go and support Newcastle because I have bought my season ticket for the Clarets and have budgeted for the 8000 plus miles that I shall travel to actually support them.
    Please don't worry about me I have a brilliant support network who always have ultra positive thoughts. Life is fantastic up here in the north east.

Such a shame that so many of my fellow Lancastrians seem so downcast about everything.

I must apologise too for mentioning Newcastle again, however, Villa are said to be interested in signing Martin Dubravka so perhaps their interest in Tom Heaton has cooled.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 13-07-2019 at 06:19 PM.

So you do not like comparison and yet you think that we should be better than this team and that team ad nauseam ---but always in a negative way because it is just an excuse to criticise the board, hence the comparison with Newcastle whose fans do exactly the same.
    You do not have to read what I post you can be like alto and tell me I am a pain in the arse etc., etc., however, it will not make one bit of difference because I am immune to it all and always happy with whatever life throws at me.

I shall not adhere to your advice and go and support Newcastle because I have bought my season ticket for the Clarets and have budgeted for the 8000 plus miles that I shall travel to actually support them.
    Please don't worry about me I have a brilliant support network who always have ultra positive thoughts. Life is fantastic up here in the north east.

Such a shame that so many of my fellow Lancastrians seem so downcast about everything.

I must apologise too for mentioning Newcastle again, however, Villa are said to be interested in signing Martin Dubravka so perhaps their interest in Tom Heaton has cooled.
    I love the North East Supersub and I love the folk up there, even though they are all as mad as a basket of frogs. Brilliant supporters, brilliant folk, and the Toon Army really do deserve better.

Not me Sub, Clitheroe won their first game 4-0 yesterday and the sun is shining here in Lyon. I never moan about anything me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not me Sub, Clitheroe won their first game 4-0 yesterday and the sun is shining here in Lyon. I never moan about anything me.
    Pleased to hear that Clitheroe managed to win their first friendly! Ashington played Bootle yesterday and beat them 5-2. in fact, they have played three friendlies and won them all and played some decent stuff in the process. They have a very young team who are working hard so we shall see what the season holds.
    Pleased that you are enjoying your French trip, I like Lyon although it is quite a number of years since I was last there.

You are a Burnley supporter so ----yes ----you do moan and I have always accepted that it is part of the make up of our fans ----even when we were winning the League back in 1959-60 some fans were moaning! However, as you know, it is not my way and never will be.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday and keep your fingers crossed that Burnley, Clitheroe and Ashington make a success of this coming season.

BT --you are correct about the north east and the people, although the Toon fans are every bit as good as Clarets fans when it comes to moaning ----and there are a lot more of them!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)