+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Actually Going To Sign Anybody else.?

Are We Actually Going To Sign Anybody else.?

Now, We have our Wonder Signings,..Do you think there maybe more...?

Defour, seems unfit again....

A centre mid is certainly needed, as good as he is D4 can't be relied on to last a season we could be lucky to get 10-15 games out of him if the injuries continue.Would love Delph in an ideal world.

Good thread title Jon

For me if Jay and Pieters are the only one's we sign I'd be disappointed.

As Whitty says we are needing a midfield creative boss as D4 is a big risk.

Talk of Hull sniffing around Everton starlet Josh Bowler, are they after his services because someone (maybe us) are after Hulls other winger Bowen ?

The Chelsea defender Tomasi (or whatever he's called) who was on loan at Derby last year was on our radar but with Lamps back at Chelsea he may want to keep him, not seen him play but most say he's an above average player, who if Tarky goes would be a reasonable replacement at around a quarter of Tarky's price which IMO should be around £50 Million if Maguire is worth £70.

The young forward on trial in Poland looks a good prospect, with a good resale value if he makes the grade.

Be very happy to see Hart go but little news on this which for me is worrying.

Heaton wants away as apparently he's been offered a year contract when wanting more, the 7 to 10 Million reportedly offered by Aston Villa is too low for a 2nd choice England International regardless of his age.

No offers for Wells which is a worry as most said he did well on loan at Q P R.

Hopefully Vydra will show Dyche some of his talent to get more games this season as I don't think he's been given a fair crack of the whip.

Hendrick, Brady and Lennon are also rans for me, Lennon not used for what he used to be good at, Brady not finding any form since his injury (and personally I did not rate him when we got him), and Hendrick seems to be Dyche's little favourite who is not seen to do anything wrong.

So we do need more.

I agree with Alto, we need more, Jay's a good signing but nowhere near enough. At the moment the bookies have it right, any three from four to be relegated, and we're one of the four.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Now, We have our Wonder Signings,..Do you think there maybe more...?

Defour, seems unfit again....
    You would think, on balance, that more will leave the club before we commit any more monies.

Of course more could just leave without replacement especially if it a goalkeeper who goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree with Alto, we need more, Jay's a good signing but nowhere near enough. At the moment the bookies have it right, any three from four to be relegated, and we're one of the four.
    No chance.

Cork and Westwood were excellent last season, but we were mighty lucky we had no injuries with those two.

Hendrick really is not my cup of tea, but in his defence he is constantly played out of position. I would sell him in a heartbeat.

Defour is knacked. End of.

Brady and Lennon are irrelevant because Jay Rod, McNeil and JBG will take the wide berths.

Ideally I think we should sell Heaton for £10 million. Take £50 million off the Foxes for Tarkowski and play Gibson alongside Mee and invest in TWO more central midfielders. Top ten finish no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No chance.
    The bookies reckon we have a 33% chance of being relegated, seems about right to me, we'll be clinging to the same hope as last season, that there are three teams worse than us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Cork and Westwood were excellent last season, but we were mighty lucky we had no injuries with those two.

Hendrick really is not my cup of tea, but in his defence he is constantly played out of position. I would sell him in a heartbeat.

Defour is knacked. End of.

Brady and Lennon are irrelevant because Jay Rod, McNeil and JBG will take the wide berths.

Ideally I think we should sell Heaton for £10 million. Take £50 million off the Foxes for Tarkowski and play Gibson alongside Mee and invest in TWO more central midfielders. Top ten finish no problem!
    Leeds seemingly looking at Gibson as a replacement for Janssen
    Villa will be back late in the window hopefully desperate and either take Tom for 15-20m or get Hart for 2.
    Hendrick is a square peg in a round hole, every now and then he shows what he can do but is too often played out of position so looks poor.
    Vydra could be a completely different prospect this season if played behind JR centrally

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It looks more like three out of five to me, with Villa at similar odds to us. Newcastle not too far behind either and if they appoint Steve Bruce they'll be right in the pack.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)