+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Actually Going To Sign Anybody else.?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think we need to get sensible here. Our football club is the shining example of how a small town EPL football club should be run.

We are debt free, we have a first team squad rammed with full international football players and a Development Squad that is being built to bring back the days of a conveyor belt of saleable player assets.

Patience is a virtue and quite frankly Mike Garlick has my full and unequivocal backing and support. Bfcjon will you please leave our resident "Mr Happy" alone and let's get constructive?
    If you want to get sensible BT, then please get real, we have (and up to press still are) sailing close to the wind on guaranteeing Premier league status with average or below average signings, we are debt free as a lot of our signings have been bought with outgoing transfers.

Rammed full of Internationals ?

Heaton - Yes

Pope - Yes

Iceman - Yes

Hendrick - Yes

Wood - Yes

Vydra - Yes

Tarky - Not at the moment

Brady - Not at the moment

Cork - Ex International

Hart - Ex International

Pieters - Ex International

D4 - Ex International

Lennon - Ex International

JayRod - Ex International

Of the Full and Current Internationals Vydra does not get a game with us, Heaton is not wanted for more than a year and wants away, Pope still has to show he's as good before his injury, Hendrick is mostly played out of position for us and is a waste of space (I'm giving Hendrick credit here as I don't think he's any use in any position), Wood even by your standards BT is not up to it, Iceman again is not up to it and IMO Iceland is for me like Ireland in that the quality generally is not that good.

The conveyor belt again IMO is not guaranteed, Riggs talk of new technology is years behind other teams, McNeil has been a great find but one swallow does not make a summer.

Patience ? I think many fans have been very generous with their Patience BT, Time to sh!t before we are knocked off the pot.

Your conclusion that our success has been restricted by the recruitment team and the transfer budget is totally hypothetical.

It could be argued that we've pretty much hit the ceiling for a club of our size and look reasonably likely to sustain our position in the PL for the medium to long term because of the sensible management of our finances

Robbie Brady played in the ROI's most recent game last month, in fact he scored their second goal, so he's very much a current international.

I stand corrected Garlick, so let me reiterate, the Rep are like Iceland in that there are not many great players who stand out, as I've said before, I did not rate Brady when we purchased him, since his injury he's not even showed the little spark he used to have and finds it hard to be a regular in our first 11.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    Your conclusion that our success has been restricted by the recruitment team and the transfer budget is totally hypothetical.
    And BTs conclusion that we are successful because of the way the board runs the club is also totally hypothetical. I simply propose an alternative, that the club is not successful because of the way the board runs the club, but it is successful because we have an outstanding manager, and that our success is down to him, and is achieved despite the way the board runs the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    If you want to get sensible BT, then please get real, we have (and up to press still are) sailing close to the wind on guaranteeing Premier league status with average or below average signings, we are debt free as a lot of our signings have been bought with outgoing transfers.

Rammed full of Internationals ?

Heaton - Yes

Pope - Yes

Iceman - Yes

Hendrick - Yes

Wood - Yes

Vydra - Yes

Tarky - Not at the moment

Brady - Not at the moment

Cork - Ex International

Hart - Ex International

Pieters - Ex International

D4 - Ex International

Lennon - Ex International

JayRod - Ex International

Of the Full and Current Internationals Vydra does not get a game with us, Heaton is not wanted for more than a year and wants away, Pope still has to show he's as good before his injury, Hendrick is mostly played out of position for us and is a waste of space (I'm giving Hendrick credit here as I don't think he's any use in any position), Wood even by your standards BT is not up to it, Iceman again is not up to it and IMO Iceland is for me like Ireland in that the quality generally is not that good.

The conveyor belt again IMO is not guaranteed, Riggs talk of new technology is years behind other teams, McNeil has been a great find but one swallow does not make a summer.

Patience ? I think many fans have been very generous with their Patience BT, Time to sh!t before we are knocked off the pot.
    Realism Alto and optimism from the others, of which I don't mind people having -- however I'm with you on these points

We really need some of our players to step up this year , JBG ,Brady, Hendrick ,Vydra ,Lowton or We are going to struggle as I cant see us spending much more, ( let's be honest we've barely spent the Vokes money yet).

hes a loyal man Dyche to his players and I Kind of get that but there is nothing wrong with swapping players to progress maybe this is something he needs to learn.

If We are still going to make signings id like a strong athletic middle of the park man who can release our forwards and a very quick wide man who can deliver ball from the dead ball line.

I'd really like this season for us to be competitive in games not like last season where we simply werent

I think much of what you posted is true and I think you'll be an optimist as well as a realist ----- I don't want the kitchen sink throwing at it but I would like some commitment to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I don't want the kitchen sink throwing at it but I would like some commitment to the cause.
    Depends on what sort of commitment you're looking for army, if it's commitment to keeping the Dry Powder store stocked up and securely locked up, there's no shortage of that.

for me - regardless of who we get - the proof of change has come, when Burnley/S.D no longer need rely on cramming defence and long/slow ball tactics to get the points.....because at this level, on the 4th successive prem season, this preservative attitude is looking more and more like the refuge of a shirker - and wouldn't imagine there's many that'd honestly like more of the same....I think thats the suspicion - will soon see.

I would be relatively happy with 2 more additions, Spaniard Camarasa would be a great replacement for D4, Hull City's Jarred Bowen would be a good buy, another back up keeper and we'd be set better for a year.

Offload Hart, Heaton, Lennon, D4, Wells and Brady and I'd call it a good window, so at the moment IMO we are way off.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Depends on what sort of commitment you're looking for army, if it's commitment to keeping the Dry Powder store stocked up and securely locked up, there's no shortage of that.
    Probably true Sinkov,

I’m a bit with Norder on this as well because whilst I rate Dyche I think restricting him from us being competitive gives him a get out clause at any moment, I don’t think we’re like that at BFC.

But can you see my point ? It is negative football , slow laborious sideways crab football and shelled to forwards with their backs to goal, shape shape and more shape defensively- which you can’t blame him for when we aren’t willing to back him.

For all the talk of Jay Rod signing do we really think he’d have come here if he was say 24 years old, not a chance for me he’d have been going somewhere else for another 4-5 years, whilst I think he’s a decent signing for us he didn’t come through choice he came home to finish his career at his home town club ( at the highest level ,granted ).

The board need to back Dyche and give him some better players and let’s see if he can mix up the defensive side with some expansive football. ( at leat we’ll know then if he’s the messiah - or just a great defensive organiser. )

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)