+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County turnstyle at Ilkeston

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Do we know if the bucket collection is just for the staff (i.e. Office, Backroom staff etc) or the players as well?

I'll happily go along and pay more than a fiver, if it's for the staff. Not if it's the players, they've already had more than enough out of me, considering their performances this season.
    I think the PFA help the players out so imagine it would all go to the staff. I don't think this is entirely fair, though - pin it on the senior players if you want but don't forget that we've also got lads like Bird, Crawford, Howes, Osborne etc. who will be earning very little as it is and definitely can't be blamed for last season.

It's a terrible idea anyway, mind. Can't believe anyone sanctioned it.

I've paid to join and made a further donation to the Official Supporters Association as they seem to already be helping out the unpaid non-playing staff as much as they can with their limited resources.

As for Hardy, I struggle to imagine how he signed off on this, or thought it was a good idea. It's a callous slap in the face to the club's employees whose unpaid wages he is directly responsible for in the first place. Everything he does now seems to be even more ridiculous and antagonising than the last. I could be generous and ask whether his mental state has been affected by the long running takeover saga, but even so, he is making things worse for himself with idiocy like this.

How far he and Notts have fallen since that ill fated 2018 play off semi final...
    Last edited by SlockyNCFC; 11-07-2019 at 10:58 PM.

It doesn't seem entirely fair to deny Ilkeston their share of gate money.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    But that 90 minutes is what they get paid for at the end of the day that is their actual job, and some of them are reportedly earning in a week what most people earn in two months.
    i would hope the staff behind the scenes that we rarely hear about are first to be paid.
    like your mum?

I will be taking my family on Saturday, and money will be going into the collection outside the ground to ensure it will get to the unpaid staff. I will however be entering the ground through the notts turnstile in the faint hope that the money I part with there will also be used to pay the staff. Either way at least some money will be seen by our loyal staff.

I think a fair few people have had a degree of sympathy with him....this appears to have evaporated with this nonsense. An absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I think a fair few people have had a degree of sympathy with him....this appears to have evaporated with this nonsense. An absolute disgrace.
    Believe me I have no sympathy for the man. My only concern is for the hardworking people of this club, and your right it is an absolute disgrace how he is treating them and the sooner this sorry situation is finally resolved the better!

Quote Originally Posted by SlockyNCFC View Post
    I've paid to join and made a further donation to the Official Supporters Association as they seem to already be helping out the unpaid non-playing staff as much as they can with their limited resources.

As for Hardy, I struggle to imagine how he signed off on this, or thought it was a good idea. It's a callous slap in the face to the club's employees whose unpaid wages he is directly responsible for in the first place. Everything he does now seems to be even more ridiculous and antagonising than the last. I could be generous and ask whether his mental state has been affected by the long running takeover saga, but even so, he is making things worse for himself with idiocy like this.

How far he and Notts have fallen since that ill fated 2018 play off semi final...
    I agree. He would be better off moving away from it and employing the services of someone PR based to do it for him and paying for it personally. The man seems to be very removed from reality. Actually quite odd.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    It doesn't seem entirely fair to deny Ilkeston their share of gate money.
    No, it doesn't. I'd be ashamed to use a Notts turnstile.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    No, it doesn't. I'd be ashamed to use a Notts turnstile.
    AH wins whichever turnstile is used.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast